Sponsored

New Rivian Service Centers coming or proposed?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Has anyone heard or any new Service Centers proposed or coming on line in the future? There are still several sizeable geographic gaps in the Rivian service capabilities.

Brian
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thanks for the info. There will now be 5 Service Centers in Florida, but we will still be over 300miles from the nearest one. It appears that the two largest geographic gaps are the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming along with the Central Gulf Coast.

Brian

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Eastvale California is supposed to open early December

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
None in Wisconsin. They tried a location in Menomonee Falls that required a rezone and failed after alot of wasted time with board meetings. Hopefully they can find a new location and get it going asap. Not only would it help with people in Wisconsin that have trucks already, but also open up alot of Wisconsin market, both by consumer choice and Rivian limitations. Many I know have zero interest in Chicago as location for service and then with the radius limit, Rivian will pick up alot of geography as soon as they open up a Wisconsin service center.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

SC demo guy told me Alpharetta, GA is coming next year.

Earthpig2/75

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Orangeburg/Blauvelt NY 30 miles N of NYC. plans were just approved by the planning board.. The S.C. location is in the same location as Amazon delivery center..

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
None coming to PA in the foreseeable future thanks to the Commonwealth's insistence on dealer involvement in both sales and service. The law prohibits a brick and mortar presence in the state for any vehicle manufacturer selling directly to the consumer not named Tesla (who got an exemption through the Legislature, who, under pressure from auto dealers, and perhaps Tesla itself, promptly enacted a resolution prohibiting any more), at least the vehicle sale itself is not proscribed. But I digress . . .

It's unclear what the state of the three SC's planned for neighboring NJ is. I've heard rumors that the one near Trenton is getting close, but have not be able to confirm them. Neither my guide nor Rivian customer support will volunteer any information at all on the status of the planned NJ SC's. For the time being, Brooklyn and the new Gaithersburg, MD site are the closest options for residents in the eastern part of the Commonwealth. Folks on the western side of the state have only one option (Youngstown, OH), and those in central PA have to chose how many hundred miles they'd like to drive for service.

Schmurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Clubs

I heard Caledonia(Grand Rapids), Michigan is coming online in January or February.

Sponsored

irfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Columbus, Ohio is very close, but I'm not supposed to tell you that.
wish this would hurry up. From pickup day in late September the guide said it was “any day now”. It’s 45 days since this post and it’s still in limbo.

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Only 1 service center (Chelsea MA) planned north of CT on the East Coast?? Seems crazy.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

wish this would hurry up. From pickup day in late September the guide said it was “any day now”. It’s 45 days since this post and it’s still in limbo.
We had an owner get their onboard charger replaced there last month.

Christos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I read in the Rivian owners fourm that there is a possible Service center location in Claymont, DE just south of Philly. Has anyone heard about this?
Sponsored