First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Wait a minute... Does that mean everyone who pre-ordered a R1T has got it now? I cant believe that...
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Iā€™m curious if other insurance companies with full replacement value coverage would also result in priority access to the shop. Or is that an exclusive contractual deal between Nationwide and Rivian?
From my discussion with the Nationwide rep about a year ago, there is no legal/contractually bound "you shall get to the front of the line", rather it's a "hey Rivian, we've got another one... Can you help us out?" backdoor conversation.

As others say, wait times for R1Ts are pretty low now, easy for any insurance company to quickly rectify. Worst case, take an in-kind check and do it yourself.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Rivian got me a new R1T just 27 days after a drunk driver crashed into us and totaled the OG.

Just a few quick things:

I loved the OG truck. And the way it protected us made it an absolute no-brainer to stick with Rivian for all future purchases. It was a low 3000 VIN. The few little blemishes that existed on it, like the top roof glass not being flush and causing some wind noise and a couple of paint blemishes do NOT exist in this new one. I actually have not found any such issues at all so far.

This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.

The new in house sound system is sick! Much much harder hitting than the Meridian was. On the OG I used Jazz setting on the EQ and bumped up the scale to give it more base. On this new one I didn't adjust the EQ at all, I just set it to classical and it sounds great.

Obviously no current cover for the bed. But the rails are there. I'm hopeful that the powered one can actually be retrofitted. The folks at the service center said they think it probably can be but they have not gotten any official word or seen the final product of the new design yet.

Finally the OG was black interior. I loved that interior. But went with the Forest Edge on this one. It really really pops.

One final thought--if you are wondering about insurance, be sure to make sure that whatever you get has guaranteed new truck replacement. The Rivian one with Nationwide might be the only one that guarantees it. Not sure. But after all this went down, I would not play around with the insurance part of the deal. Trying to save a few bucks is not worth it.

*Now I just got to find some of the all weather floor mats with the yellow logo on them. I left the old ones in the OG. And the rivian shop hasn't had any in stock for a bit.
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
I canā€™t figure out what OG is supposed to stand for. When using something random itā€™s common to kind of help people along. ChatGPT thinks you might be using the term ā€œoriginal gangsterā€ to refer to your original truck. Is that accurate? What is the term Original Gangster from? Is this something everyone knows?

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I canā€™t figure out what OG is supposed to stand for. When using something random itā€™s common to kind of help people along. ChatGPT thinks you might be using the term ā€œoriginal gangsterā€ to refer to your original truck. Is that accurate? What is the term Original Gangster from? Is this something everyone knows?
yes. Original or in rap slang original gangsta.

But yes I mean the original one I got in March of 2022.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Did they cover your taxes and plates with the full replacement? Was there any out of pocket costs?
my understanding is this varies by state. But in GA they do factor in the taxes and registration. That was about $6k above what they estimated the truck at.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Did insurance cover everything you were out getting the new truck? I paid 71,500 for mine and the exact same one now is 88,750. That's quite a difference.
what you paid doesn't matter. I got original pricing as well. What matters is the type of insurance you have. There is ACV (actual cash value) and there is RC (replacement cost.) In most cases you want the later. Especially with mass produced vehicles. Say a chevy tahoe that is 2 years ago and prices of the new ones are up $15k--you want replacement cost.

With Rivian at this moment in time, you probably are good with either one. Because ACV is created using comps at dealerships. Probably not many rivian trucks to be found at dealerships around your area. I found just 2 in ATL in an online search.

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Wait a minute... Does that mean everyone who pre-ordered a R1T has got it now? I cant believe that...
notice the * with it. They still have a few launch modes left over. So if someone near a service center is willing to take certain color and wheel combos that haven't sold, they can get one quickly.

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
From my discussion with the Nationwide rep about a year ago, there is no legal/contractually bound "you shall get to the front of the line", rather it's a "hey Rivian, we've got another one... Can you help us out?" backdoor conversation.

As others say, wait times for R1Ts are pretty low now, easy for any insurance company to quickly rectify. Worst case, take an in-kind check and do it yourself.
The best thing to do if you have a crash like this is to talk to your rep directly.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Every pre-order that's not a dual motor version. That's what it sounds like.
If you want a quad motor R1T you can get one in less than two weeks.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
notice the * with it. They still have a few launch modes left over. So if someone near a service center is willing to take certain color and wheel combos that haven't sold, they can get one quickly.
That's not exactly what the * means.

From Rivian: * 14-day delivery available for some configurations through R1 Shop. Delivery timing varies depending on reservation holder location and vehicle availability. Custom configurations typically deliver in 4-16 weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
That's not exactly what the * means.

From Rivian: * 14-day delivery available for some configurations through R1 Shop. Delivery timing varies depending on reservation holder location and vehicle availability. Custom configurations typically deliver in 4-16 weeks.
It's what they mean. The R1T shop has some vehicles left over that have not sold. Mostly it is a few Launch Mode ones. I was in the shop 2 weeks ago getting this new replacement truck and I saw them and asked my rep what the deal was with the cheaper launch mode ones. If you live in an area near a service center and like some of the options sitting there you can get it quickly.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
Rivian got me a new R1T just 27 days after a drunk driver crashed into us and totaled the OG.

Just a few quick things:

I loved the OG truck. And the way it protected us made it an absolute no-brainer to stick with Rivian for all future purchases. It was a low 3000 VIN. The few little blemishes that existed on it, like the top roof glass not being flush and causing some wind noise and a couple of paint blemishes do NOT exist in this new one. I actually have not found any such issues at all so far.

This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.

The new in house sound system is sick! Much much harder hitting than the Meridian was. On the OG I used Jazz setting on the EQ and bumped up the scale to give it more base. On this new one I didn't adjust the EQ at all, I just set it to classical and it sounds great.

Obviously no current cover for the bed. But the rails are there. I'm hopeful that the powered one can actually be retrofitted. The folks at the service center said they think it probably can be but they have not gotten any official word or seen the final product of the new design yet.

Finally the OG was black interior. I loved that interior. But went with the Forest Edge on this one. It really really pops.

One final thought--if you are wondering about insurance, be sure to make sure that whatever you get has guaranteed new truck replacement. The Rivian one with Nationwide might be the only one that guarantees it. Not sure. But after all this went down, I would not play around with the insurance part of the deal. Trying to save a few bucks is not worth it.

*Now I just got to find some of the all weather floor mats with the yellow logo on them. I left the old ones in the OG. And the rivian shop hasn't had any in stock for a bit.
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
Awesome šŸ‘ good to hear Rivian made your whole.

Just a few quick things:

IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
Awesome, Good to hear Rivian made you whole.šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ˜ŽGorgeous R1T.

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

Yes this was interesting because pre March the $ didnā€™t add up to post march with the 110%, youā€™d end up having to pay to get to the retail $ of the new built trucks. When I asked nationwide they told me Iā€™d have to pay the difference after the coverage so I declined it. Seemed like the big benefit was getting quicker access to the shop, which by the looks of it all new order holders can get their trucks in 2-6 weeks anyways so not much wait anymore. All that said if they truly replace the truck with no additional cost thatā€™s great, just not what I was told.
It seems like Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price from the
NEW CAR REPLACEMENT PLUS COVERAGE document is not necessarily what you paid for the vehicle. It is what the value of a similar vehicle in the market is, as of now, which is well higher than what a pre-price hike reservation holder would pay.

Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled 1684915220510

Neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Expedition Max LTD, 2020 Volvo XC60

Just a few quick things:

I'd seen your prior thread with dismay at the fate of your truck, but was also encouraged to see there was no significant physical trauma with the R1 passengers. I'm glad for you that you fairly quickly got back into an R1T. Thanks for the write up and enjoy your new ride!
Sponsored