Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Glad it worked out. They are now delivering within 14 days for select configurations/locations so this tracks.
On the PTC Rivian have been clear it cannot/will not be retro fitted. So prepare yourself for not having it.
Sponsored

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Glad it worked out. They are now delivering within 14 days for select configurations/locations so this tracks.
On the PTC Rivian have been clear it cannot/will not be retro fitted. So prepare yourself for not having it.
The OP has a leg up here though - they knew he had it on his previous and as an insurance replacement, they may have made some arrangements with his build to allow for that because they generally will try to replace apples to apples. Rivian Insurance allows for some preferential treatment as well. From what I've read, the new models without the tonneau don't have the rails, and he has them, so perhaps?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The OP has a leg up here though - they knew he had it on his previous and as an insurance replacement, they may have made some arrangements with his build to allow for that because they generally will try to replace apples to apples. Rivian Insurance allows for some preferential treatment as well. From what I've read, the new models without the tonneau don't have the rails, and he has them, so perhaps?
The new models still have rails. There was talk of sometime in the future removing them - probably when the manual cover is actually available.
I would be very surprised if Rivian did a single retrofit. Either do it for everyone who wants to pay or don’t do it.

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Just want to say I am so happy this all worked out for you in the end :)

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I'm on AAA. It's not too late for me to switch to Nationwide to get that new car replacement? My car is 6 month old.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Congrats. Exactly what I've been saying about insurance. Across various forums, time and time again I see people comparing (and talking trash) based on price and no one comparing coverage.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Great report on handling a new vehicle replacement and notes on the insurance.

We have Nationwide Private Client and did not go with Rivian's version of Nationwide because our private client coverage has a few extra features and is tied to our properties and umbrella policy. However, we have agreed upon value coverage and the private client coverage also includes Nationwide's new vehicle replacement coverage. I'd be curious how that replacement would go with them versus the Nationwide policies issued through their partnership with Rivian.
(And our choice of coverage had nothing to do with price, more about coverage levels)

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Your comment about the OEM sound system being better than the Meridian makes me want it because i too use Jazz EQ setting all the time.

I too have the Nationwide insurance via Rivian and the "new replacement plus coverage" costs only 146 for a year.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.
OP, congrats on the new truck!

Where do you think most of the decrease in road noise is coming from? Panel alignment on the outside? seals around the windows/doors?

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
OP, congrats on the new truck!

Where do you think most of the decrease in road noise is coming from? Panel alignment on the outside? seals around the windows/doors?
Definitely from the top glass. There is a lot of strong wind today in Atl area and I had a few times today where with cross winds I was getting some noise from the A glass on both sides. But with regular wind conditions yesterday I wasn't hearing that at all --not even at 80 mph.

On the OG I had inserted a piece of rubbing tubing along the top and it helped but it never fully fixed the problem. The passenger A glass piece always had a little noise as well but the new one doesn't seem to have it on either side. Unless you hit a strong cross wind.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Did they cover your taxes and plates with the full replacement? Was there any out of pocket costs?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
That's great to hear. Glad no one was injured and everything worked out for you.

I was told that the Nationwide policy was full replacement up to 110% of what you paid. Based on your experience it looks like it was full replacement period, without concern about a 110% limit. Good to know!
I too was told 110% by Rivian Nationwide. Of course my "agent", who I liked very much, is no longer employed at Rivian.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Did insurance cover everything you were out getting the new truck? I paid 71,500 for mine and the exact same one now is 88,750. That's quite a difference.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
By the way, just saw the Rivian homepage now shows you can get an R1T in about 14 days. Quad motor.
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_0328
Sponsored