Sponsored

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Rivian got me a new R1T just 27 days after a drunk driver crashed into us and totaled the OG.

Just a few quick things:

I loved the OG truck. And the way it protected us made it an absolute no-brainer to stick with Rivian for all future purchases. It was a low 3000 VIN. The few little blemishes that existed on it, like the top roof glass not being flush and causing some wind noise and a couple of paint blemishes do NOT exist in this new one. I actually have not found any such issues at all so far.

This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.

The new in house sound system is sick! Much much harder hitting than the Meridian was. On the OG I used Jazz setting on the EQ and bumped up the scale to give it more base. On this new one I didn't adjust the EQ at all, I just set it to classical and it sounds great.

Obviously no current cover for the bed. But the rails are there. I'm hopeful that the powered one can actually be retrofitted. The folks at the service center said they think it probably can be but they have not gotten any official word or seen the final product of the new design yet.

Finally the OG was black interior. I loved that interior. But went with the Forest Edge on this one. It really really pops.

One final thought--if you are wondering about insurance, be sure to make sure that whatever you get has guaranteed new truck replacement. The Rivian one with Nationwide might be the only one that guarantees it. Not sure. But after all this went down, I would not play around with the insurance part of the deal. Trying to save a few bucks is not worth it.

*Now I just got to find some of the all weather floor mats with the yellow logo on them. I left the old ones in the OG. And the rivian shop hasn't had any in stock for a bit.
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1610
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1611
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1609
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1608
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1607
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1605
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1604
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1603
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1602
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1601
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1600
Rivian R1T R1S New Replacement R1T Delivered After Previous One Was Totaled IMG_1599
Sponsored

Last edited:

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Great review of the updated trucks vs OG's. I have a low 4K VIN and carry the Rivian Nationwide policy for the truck replacement policy. Glad to know the improvements made along the way are impactful.
Question on the process: Were you able to select interior color, wheels, exterior colors, etc all over or did you have to take what was available in the R1T Store?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Glad they were able to get you another one so quickly!

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Wow! I'm really sorry that this whole thing happened, but the experience is heartening from a safety and insurance aspect. I'm happy you're back on the road.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Great review of the updated trucks vs OG's. I have a low 4K VIN and carry the Rivian Nationwide policy for the truck replacement policy. Glad to know the improvements made along the way are impactful.
Question on the process: Were you able to select interior color, wheels, exterior colors, etc all over or did you have to take what was available in the R1T Store?
They told me the best thing to do to quickly get a new one was to put me back in the RT store. There was a large variety of options in there, but instead of choosing the exact same options I changed it up a bit. Basically almost every option they have was available in the store when I looked. Maybe a few combos weren't but all the ones I considered were there.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

They told me the best thing to do to quickly get a new one was to put me back in the RT store. There was a large variety of options in there, but instead of choosing the exact same options I changed it up a bit. Basically almost every option they have was available in the store when I looked. Maybe a few combos weren't but all the ones I considered were there.
How did pricing work in the store? They set you up with the pre-hike pricing since that's what you originally had, or you had current pricing? I understand the insurance company is paying but curious to see how Rivian handles it

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
How did pricing work in the store? They set you up with the pre-hike pricing since that's what you originally had, or you had current pricing? I understand the insurance company is paying but curious to see how Rivian handles it
The vehicles were all at their current pricing that they would charge anybody else. But the insurance company had to make me whole too. All the comps they could find at dealers were more than the cost of new builds. So I came out in good shape.

Also with Rivian nationwide total replacement cost insurance you should be guaranteed to be made whole in such a situation.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This is a very encouraging post and I'm thrilled to hear it has all worked out for you, as well as your very upbeat report on your experiences. Congratulations!

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

The vehicles were all at their current pricing that they would charge anybody else. But the insurance company had to make me whole too. All the comps they could find at dealers were more than the cost of new builds. So I came out in good shape.

Also with Rivian nationwide total replacement cost insurance you should be guaranteed to be made whole in such a situation.
That's great to hear. Glad no one was injured and everything worked out for you.

I was told that the Nationwide policy was full replacement up to 110% of what you paid. Based on your experience it looks like it was full replacement period, without concern about a 110% limit. Good to know!

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Really glad this all worked out so efficiently. Congrats.

I’m curious if other insurance companies with full replacement value coverage would also result in priority access to the shop. Or is that an exclusive contractual deal between Nationwide and Rivian? Access to the shop has been so subjective I feel like a guide would have the ability to do that regardless of the insurance company involved. So long as Rivian is getting paid…

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Wow, glad it all worked out quickly and that you are ok ! IDK if it is your camera or what, but your wood is so much brighter than FE wood, like a lot.

I agree on the insurance. When going thru the 8 steps a year ago, that was the thing I spent the most time researching. I knew replacement was going to be very important, not to mention all the things many companies will not cover that the Rivian insurance specifically adds. Can't emphasize that enough.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Looks great, congrats.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
That's great to hear. Glad no one was injured and everything worked out for you.

I was told that the Nationwide policy was full replacement up to 110% of what you paid. Based on your experience it looks like it was full replacement period, without concern about a 110% limit. Good to know!
Yes this was interesting because pre March the $ didn’t add up to post march with the 110%, you’d end up having to pay to get to the retail $ of the new built trucks. When I asked nationwide they told me I’d have to pay the difference after the coverage so I declined it. Seemed like the big benefit was getting quicker access to the shop, which by the looks of it all new order holders can get their trucks in 2-6 weeks anyways so not much wait anymore. All that said if they truly replace the truck with no additional cost that’s great, just not what I was told.
Sponsored

Last edited: