First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Its on my list of places to charge on my upcoming trip... Its the space inbetween Denver and Columbia that bothers me!

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I just visited the West Lebanon one this past weekend. Posted it in a video.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
It’s strange that they’re just now announcing West Lebanon RAN—I’ve been charging there for a couple weeks now and it’s awesome!

No more crappy EA at the Walmart (that almost always seems to have stalls down, reduced charging speeds, and/or a line). It’s also closer to the interstate on/off-ramp on the less trafficked side of the road, and next to a Shaws to boot (which isn’t the best, but sure beats Walmart/Wendy’s or whatever options I wouldn’t even consider eating at next to the EA).

Great Job Rivian 👏

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Launch R1T & 23 VW Id.4
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Clubs

I live 15ish mins from the Columbia one. It’s right next to our Mall/target. I may have been the first one to use it :). Very decent location to put it.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Its on my list of places to charge on my upcoming trip... Its the space inbetween Denver and Columbia that bothers me!
we have Hays so that has been helpful. KC Tesla work well also.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T

Why would that bother you? I have driven from Denver to Lawrence, KS in a CCS compatible EV every few months since the end of 2019. Sure, the Electrify America charger in Flagler can occasionally run slow, but I have never had an issue charging at the EA locations in Colby, Hays, Salina, or Topeka. Heck, if you don't like the EA chargers in Flagler, you can now charge at the 200kW chargers in Burlington, CO. In addition, you can even now substitute the EA charger in Hays for the Rivian charger that is now live.

I can't comment on charging on I-70 east of the Kansas/Missouri state line since everyone knows there is not much to do in Columbia, MO during the college basketball season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rivian R1T R1S New RAN charging stations open in Columbia, Missouri and West Lebanon, New Hampshire Unknown

Rivian R1T R1S New RAN charging stations open in Columbia, Missouri and West Lebanon, New Hampshire Unknown-1

Last edited:

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I’ve done Denver to Kansas City. The route is well covered with chargers.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
It’s strange that they’re just now announcing West Lebanon RAN—I’ve been charging there for a couple weeks now and it’s awesome!

No more crappy EA at the Walmart (that almost always seems to have stalls down, reduced charging speeds, and/or a line). It’s also closer to the interstate on/off-ramp on the less trafficked side of the road, and next to a Shaws to boot (which isn’t the best, but sure beats Walmart/Wendy’s or whatever options I wouldn’t even consider eating at next to the EA).

Great Job Rivian 👏
Wow!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why would that bother you? I have driven from Denver to Lawrence, KS in a CCS compatible EV every few months since the end of 2019. Sure, the Electrify America charger in Flagler can occasionally run slow, but I have never had an issue charging at the EA locations in Colby, Hays, Salina, or Topeka. Heck, if you don't like the EA chargers in Flagler, you can now charge at the 200kW chargers in Burlington, CO. In addition, you can even now substitute the EA charger in Hays for the Rivian charger that is now live.

I can't comment on charging on I-70 east of the Kansas/Missouri state line since everyone knows there is not much to do in Columbia, MO during the college basketball season!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can confirm all...have done this trip twice to Saint Louis with no issues. It was slower, but I kinda liked the EVConnect in Abilene since you didn't have to drive 10 min off the highway to get to the EA in Salina and it was at a truck stop of sorts. I charged on the Burlington chargers on the outbound because that was more or less the highway range from 100% for me and then Flagler for the first time on the return trip last time. Was convenient because the diner was actually open and it was dinner time anyway.

Sponsored

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

Great Job Rivian 👏
West Lebanon RAN is great - charged there twice this week and made two of my fastest trips ever from Boston to our place in the Adirondacks. Too bad it wasn’t quite open for the eclipse weekend…

You’re right about the EA and better location from the highway but having stopped with my Teslas for the past 8 years or so at the superchargers on the other side of that Walmart lot I have to say the food options are better there. Price Chopper has a better selection of deli food than the Shaw’s supermarket, and Panera beats Dunkin and Taco Bell by the RAN. Yesterday we pre-ordered Panera on the app and ate at the RAN.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Like DCFC that dont need an adapter?
Yep. There’s good DCFC chargers in nearly every town along I-70. Plug it into Rivian Nav or ABRP.

It’s mostly Electrify America, and a few EVConnect stations. I went through in October. Every station worked at the time, although one EA station was derated. But this was marked on PlugShare. Check PlugShare for the latest status.

This is a pretty easy road trip route. There’s stations where you need them and plenty of backups in case something goes wrong.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

not a bad commute from East Lansing!

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Yep. There’s good DCFC chargers in nearly every town along I-70. Plug it into Rivian Nav or ABRP.

It’s mostly Electrify America, and a few EVConnect stations. I went through in October. Every station worked at the time, although one EA station was derated. But this was marked on PlugShare. Check PlugShare for the latest status.

This is a pretty easy road trip route. There’s stations where you need them and plenty of backups in case something goes wrong.
My problem is that I dont have any accounts with anyone, except for Tesla and Chargepoint. I wasnt planning on road tripping yet with the Riv. No clue what ABRP is...

Its a learning curve.... For sure.
Sponsored