Sponsored

New Delivery window for Ocean Coast R1S?

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

So I am a 2019 reservation who always had OC as the interior and was given a 1H2023 estimate. I assumed this was because of the bleached wood, but now that they are using the black wood I would hope that would change for the better. Are they going to update and communicate more realistic delivery estimates? (Let's be honest... 1st Half 2023 was not an estimate but more of a wild guess)
Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
They recently promised updated windows by the "end of summer"

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Same estimate but a reservation from May2021. I was also Explore. So, doubly pushed back at the time.

So, I assume with Ocean Coast now being delivered and Explore no longer being sold. It seems reasonable to expect it sooner?

I think I saw someone with a Reservation from Nov2021 w/ OC get a delivery. Not sure how Rivian is deciding where trucks go...

And, Im 15 minutes from a service center.

I assume any day now Rivian's updated delivery windows show up, but I was going to ping CS in the coming days.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

when was the last time they hit a self-imposed communications deadline? odds are against us hearing an updated window before summer ends. id be glad if they just added the delivery window feature in our accounts like they promised 5-6 months ago.

they are delivering vehicles with OC but on the R1T, not the R1S yet (afaik). so they are likely trying to catch up there first. might be a while before the R1S.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Good News! There was an R1S with OC at the Richmond SC this morning! It is the Forrest green in this picture.
Rivian R1T R1S New Delivery window for Ocean Coast R1S? 008D6873-6AA5-474C-AE5F-CC4B8F6BC449

Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Good News! There was an R1S with OC at the Richmond SC this morning! It is the Forrest green in this picture.
008D6873-6AA5-474C-AE5F-CC4B8F6BC449.jpeg
Do you have a better pic of the Green one...looks like a T (doesnt have the chrome trim around the windows)?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

January 2023 is 1H 2023, it may only be 3-4 months away.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Do you have a better pic of the Green one...looks like a T (doesnt have the chrome trim around the windows)?
Yep. No horrible silver strip = T.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So I am a 2019 reservation who always had OC as the interior and was given a 1H2023 estimate. I assumed this was because of the bleached wood, but now that they are using the black wood I would hope that would change for the better. Are they going to update and communicate more realistic delivery estimates? (Let's be honest... 1st Half 2023 was not an estimate but more of a wild guess)
This is Rivian....every estimate IS a wild guess.

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Well, now I feel like an idiot. I was so focused on getting a picture of @kanundrum ’s R1S, that I didn’t get a good picture of the other R1… and, I was so giddy with excitement to be talking to the guys at the SC, that I can’t remember if it was an R1T or S. :facepalm: I swear when I am at the SC looking at all of those Rivian’s, my mind turns to mush.

@KWeimer711 , your observation is a good one, and unless somebody can prove that the R1S might come without the chrome trim, it must be an R1T.

The day before, @kanundrum ‘s Glacier White R1S was sitting next to a Forest Green R1S going through inspection…however, now that I think about it, I believe the interior was in fact, Black Mountain.
Oh well, sorry for the false alarm and great eye for sure!
Sponsored