First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
You speak with more certainty than Rivian does on the topic. Their official position is “it’s not currently on our roadmap.” Clearly they are keeping the option open. It’s up to us to continue to demand it. I recommend focusing on the safety concerns of using your phone while driving. Rivian currently doesn’t care about distracted driving.
Good point, Maybe all our requests will get answered and we will just get car play. Just in case some software somewhere is counting the mentions of carplay along with Rivian....

Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze Carplay Rivian Waze
Sponsored

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
“You could just drive slower…”

Where I am, the middle and fast lane are generally 10 and 15+ over. Do I *need* Waze or want to give Google all of that travel info on me? No. But the Staties are out there in force and just pick and choose. The benefit is real.

And there’s no chance they add it as it’s owned by Google…

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I've been running Waze + a radar detector for years now and haven't received a speeding ticket ever since.

Right now I have a magsafe charger mounted between the driver and center screens using the 3D printed mount from Riviparts. I setup an automation on my iPhone to launch Waze and set the volume to max whenever I am connected to a charger (set to ask before running so it doesn't do it when I plug in my phone all the time). I tried to setup a way for it to only trigger when in the car but couldn't find a way that worked. The steering wheel blocks the screen however I can still hear alerts so it works fine for me.

I tried installing my radar under the mirror using a mirrortap but I couldn't get the plastic cover off. I was afraid of putting too much force and breaking it so I gave up on it.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
This is what I currently but it just seems redundant. Just imagine how nice Waze would be on that big screen.
I will consistently be loud and annoying about the fact that I bought an 80k truck and am using bluetooth like its 2015. I knew what I was signing up for beforehand, but honestly am more let down then I thought I would be.

staytuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Oh boy, another thread that devolved to CarPlay.

In other news, my Hyundai gets stuck when trying to rock crawl. Totally unacceptable, where’d I leave my pitchfork…

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

“You could just drive slower…”

Where I am, the middle and fast lane are generally 10 and 15+ over. Do I *need* Waze or want to give Google all of that travel info on me? No. But the Staties are out there in force and just pick and choose. The benefit is real.

And there’s no chance they add it as it’s owned by Google…
"Everyone else is doing it!"

Petition the state to change the speed limits.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

In other news, my Hyundai gets stuck when trying to rock crawl. Totally unacceptable, where’d I leave my pitchfork…
Sounds like a you problem. I've never driven a Hyundai I've got stuck while rock crawling.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I will consistently be loud and annoying about the fact that I bought an 80k truck and am using bluetooth like its 2015. I knew what I was signing up for beforehand, but honestly am more let down then I thought I would be.
Might be time to see a therapist about your problems.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
And yet another thread has devolved into a CarPlay Android Auto mud slinging thread...

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I

I don’t think the Forum software wants me to repose the exact same comment so here’s a link to the last relevant discussion explaining why complaining about people’s desired features only increases the back-and-forth: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...nco-defender-throttle-house.11665/post-264611

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do we think that the Amazon delivery van deal includes a clause to make Alexa the default with no CP/AA, or is it really just that Rivian wants to control the user experience? Or maybe both? Or I'm way off. I haven't seen this offered as an excuse in the many threads I've read on the subject so far.

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
My only hesitation to getting the Rivian was Waze/Carplay. I made the mistake of not checking if my 2020 Land Cruiser had Carplay and after realizing it didnt I was annoyed. But the Rivian is a new company with new hardware most likely it will be added at some point in the future so I'm going to proceed.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

staytuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don’t think the Forum software wants me to repose the exact same comment so here’s a link to the last relevant discussion explaining why complaining about people’s desired features only increases the back-and-forth: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...nco-defender-throttle-house.11665/post-264611
In general, it's great for people voice their desired features, for example: this thread - "I want Waze."

How we get Waze is an implementation detail, and it's probably not super productive for any of us to keep repeating a preference (to which Rivian has already answered - not right now, at least)
Myself included... I don't want CarPlay, so I personally do not want to see Rivian reverse course and move engineering resources away from the native system to work on that instead.

I do like your suggestion about making it a paid option to further fund development.
Sponsored