First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Can we focus on the real issue here, which is somebody who claims to live in the greater bay area calling it "San Fran"?
Since when did SLO become part of the "greater bay area"?
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I challenge you find an EV with a worse nav. experience. Most of them have CarPlay, some have Google. Tesla is… improving. Maybe you can find one, but not on a $100K car. In my experience, even the Hertz portable “rent a nav” produces better results.
I've found that my RR Spectre's nav is worse than Rivian's. Prove me wrong.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

Have you driven a Model Y or 3? The map has all sorts of Jackson Pollock-like squiggles with virtually zero street names. I don’t have a lot of miles yet on my R1T, but every time I’ve driven it I have used the nav system to see what idiosyncrasies it has and thus far I have only experienced good things.

And the map actually has street names which makes it way more useful than the Tesla maps that look like aerial drone photos of “Buford’s Snake Farm “.

Ohm Boy

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

You should get that nav fixed while you’re at it.
yeah, damn Brits. It won’t recognize state names unless I put “colony of…” in front of them.

GuyR1S

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Wall St
Is there a way to set my home(s) as charging destinations? It is annoying when I know I have enough charge to get home, where I will immediately plug in, but instead tries to make me stop at a station. As for Nav - I use Waze simultaneously to avoid any of the dopey things it has tried to make me do - but another problem is how it has directed me to municipal charging stations that are not open for the general public - that’s not helpful when levels are low!

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Is there a way to set my home(s) as charging destinations? It is annoying when I know I have enough charge to get home, where I will immediately plug in, but instead tries to make me stop at a station. As for Nav - I use Waze simultaneously to avoid any of the dopey things it has tried to make me do - but another problem is how it has directed me to municipal charging stations that are not open for the general public - that’s not helpful when levels are low!
Isn't there a setting to set the arrival at destination % battery left? Or just end the navigation route when you know where you are.

Sponsored

GuyR1S

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Wall St
Yes, I do ignore the routing when I know where I am but when I’m coming from an area I am not familiar with, and since charging stations are not too prevalent in my neck of the woods - it may be routing me for a charge well before I’m close to home.

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
This is the way. Except I use Waze as my HUD when actively driving, with phone mounted on the dash between the driver's screen and center display. I like having the on-road alerts for police, wrecks, potholes etc.
Yep, this is a multi-app prior planning required kind of operation. Waze for the win. Google maps to verify the route. I like the left side (by the door) mount for the phone. ABRP for pre-planning. Use the Rivian nav to pick the charger you found with ABRP/Plugshare so the battery gets pre-conditioned.

What sucks about this is that you can't just use the Rivian nav by itself. In the mid-atlantic states, it has a done a reasonable job of routing for me. I hear a lot of horror stories like this in urban areas.

My question is whether it is getting any better over time.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, R1S
Occupation
Retired
Isn't there a setting to set the arrival at destination % battery left? Or just end the navigation route when you know where you are.
I know I saw that somewhere and set it to maybe 25%. Now I want to change it, but can't find where the setting is. Help, where do I find it, I've looked all over!

Also, this feature is useful when going somewhere (and unsure of charging options) but irrelevant when heading home ( and know I'll just plug in). So IMO, a good update would be to set the minimum upon arrival, but automatically turn that off when heading home.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Before this week, it had been a while since I went on a road trip of more than 100 miles. It seems like there are two weird things going on with the navigation now vs what I remember from before:
1) Maybe it's the colder weather but it seems to be wildly underestimating my range and wants me to stop to charge for a 140-mile trip when I have 230 miles of range rated.
2) It wants me to stop and charge very early in the trip (when the charging speed would be slow because of my already-high state of charge) rather than later in the trip.

Anyone know what's up with this?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nav is definitely improving and I do think it will only get better. On a commute this week there was a crash on I-25 here in Denver. I typically always double check the Rivian Nav with Google for traffic purposes so was running both. For the first time, the Rivian Nav actually identified and routed me off and round the interstate on the crash - Google did it about 1 minute later. Was pretty impressed overall. Still not perfect, but improving.
Sponsored