Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Saw this on reddit, liked the idea.

Hired my 15 yr old artsy niece.

Turned out pretty good. She used a paint pen I believe and some toothpicks, I think, I don't know I handed her the key and let her do what she does.

Rivian R1T R1S My Key Fob Mod PXL_20220808_014800777
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Looks good. Iā€™m curious to hear about durability, over time.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Does anyone else feel the FOB was designed upside down? I always fell like the clip should be on the other end.
Agreed, but it's also too damn big.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Unknown if it holds up, it took her just a few mins so easy to ask her to do it again. I'll keep an eye on it as I'm carrying the key at all times because I do not trust the phone as a key currently.

Oddly it's been working PRETTY good for me. Sometimes it does stupid things like open / close when I'm kinda close and other times it seems it doesn't notice I'm gone so stays open. I wish they would just set it to around 10ft or so before it opens / locks.

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Does anyone else feel the FOB was designed upside down? I always fell like the clip should be on the other end.
I thought so at first but itā€™s not! Since itā€™s a carabiner, if you hang it on your belt or loops, when you hold it up itā€™s right side up and easier to see and/or figure where the buttons are.

OP
OP

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Tactile characteristics suck as well.
But look on the bright side, hopefully they can get it to the point LIKE Tesla where you don't even need / care to carry the key because PAAK works so well! I'm pretty sure they'll get it dialed in over time that it becomes a non issue, I hope.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I used some UV glue and built up two ridges over the unlock and one dot over the lock. That way I can feel it when in my pocket and I can lock or unlock quickly. The glue has been on since March and I also have a knife it bangs into, so it is plenty durable.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I can't be the only one that thinks they missed an opportunity with the key fob to make it function as a bottle opener.

Would be free advertising for them every time someone was having a beer in a group setting.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I do think its upside down but if you used it as a carabiner it would hang "down" in most cases so as you lift it up still attached it would be the "proper side up"

I dont use it this way so I am just annoyed every-time I use it, BUT I have used it about 5 times in about as many months.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

I do think its upside down but if you used it as a carabiner it would hang "down" in most cases so as you lift it up still attached it would be the "proper side up"

I agree that it's very hard to see the images. I put mine on my belt loop and use the "Left is lock" and "Right is Unlock" rule for which side to push....provided i have it on my belt loop the right side up! I'm going to find a white market and do like OP's fob. Even without glasses i should be able to see those symbols! Thanks for the post Taco!

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I can't be the only one that thinks they missed an opportunity with the key fob to make it function as a bottle opener.
Right up until the first drunk driver in a Rivian plows through a family station wagon at a red light. The local newspaper headlines would not be kind... But if you're just using it to open root beers at the camp site then that's cool.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Right up until the first drunk driver in a Rivian plows through a family station wagon at a red light. The local newspaper headlines would not be kind... But if you're just using it to open root beers at the camp site then that's cool.
If thatā€™s true I guess Rivian would liable for murder since thereā€™s an air compressor built into the truck that someone can shoot their wife with using an air nailer.
Sponsored