Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Could be wrong, but I believe the problems they have been having are with PAAK, not with the key fob.

Each to their own, but I do not want the key fob to "automatically" unlock my vehicle as I approach it. I actually WANT to actively do something to unlock my vehicle. I deactivated my phone as a key.

There are even some situations for some people where they would not want other nearby people to know which car was theirs. PAAK or fob working similarly makes it obvious which vehicle is yours before you get to it.

That said, I much prefer to actively do something like press a button, use a physical key, etc. to open my vehicle. I don't fully trust passive unlocking methods.
Pretty old thread. They have since made the key fobs passive. But, it's an option you can turn on or off, so if you don't want it to automatically unlock, then you can do it manually.
Sponsored

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S
Pretty old thread. They have since made the key fobs passive. But, it's an option you can turn on or off, so if you don't want it to automatically unlock, then you can do it manually.
Yes, I am aware thread is old, but there was some other recent activity; so I thought I would take the opportunity to voice my concern.

I am also aware that the key fob (and phone) can be used either actively, passively, or both. I still wanted to voice my concern about any passive locking/unlocking of the vehicle. Actually, passive locking is fine with me. It is the passive unlocking that I don't want.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Yes, I am aware thread is old, but there was some other recent activity; so I thought I would take the opportunity to voice my concern.

I am also aware that the key fob (and phone) can be used either actively, passively, or both. I still wanted to voice my concern about any passive locking/unlocking of the vehicle. Actually, passive locking is fine with me. It is the passive unlocking that I don't want.
Unfortunately I don't think there's an option to choose between passive unlocking or unlocking. If I remember correctly however, you can have it unlock just the driver's door? I think it's a feature on the Rivian. I know for sure it was on the Tesla.
Sponsored