DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Don't I wish! No incoming Guide contact for me, other than to confirm info clarification I initiated. I just now hit the send button in response to your question about people saving Sept. 9th for an event.

Nothing to do with my configuration or vehicle ?, only a teaser about an EV Advocacy meeting in Portland. Hoping to involve more Rivian folks, but still working out the details. COVID may make meeting in person difficult. New local and state-wide restrictions just implemented, and more may be on the way.

I'm sorry if I caused that confusion.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'll start to get hopeful once I see the first FL guide contact, but that may happen right on Thanksgiving day.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Nope, my bad. I thought you said you were in contact with your guide after visiting Normal.
If I remember correctly, Duck said he met his Guide in Normal. Guess that is different from an official "contact'" to confirm configuration, delivery location, and potential delivery timing.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If I remember correctly, Duck said he met his Guide in Normal. Guess that is different from an official "contact'" to confirm configuration, delivery location, and potential delivery timing.
Yep. Martin came by on the second day to introduce himself and it was so nice to meet him in person. I had the good fortune to meet a few other Guides in person and came away impressed by all of them.

What a wonderful way to craft our support system going forward. Kudos to Rivian for taking the road less traveled. It will make all the difference. I swear I didn't plagiarize that ?.

Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Was told all LE were still due a call before end of November.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was wondering the same thing Ryan. I’m in North County San Diego. Guessing you are too. I haven’t been able to figure out if there will be a service center in San Diego or if the closest will be Irvine or Laguna.
I'm also in San Diego, near Mission Trails Regional State Park area (central). I asked CS if they planned or considered a center/service front in SD. All I recall from the convo was, "it's been discussed" ... I take that to mean, people have mentioned it, not any form of there will be in a definite sense.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Was told all LE were still due a call before end of November.

Even R1S? I feel like that whole time table would have been pushed back as well.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Even R1S? I feel like that whole time table would have been pushed back as well.
"Contacted" and "delivered" are not the same. Considering people were contacted at the end of May and told "November" it's entirely possible they call someone in November and say "Late Spring 2022".

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

"Contacted" and "delivered" are not the same. Considering people were contacted at the end of May and told "November" it's entirely possible they call someone in November and say "Late Spring 2022".

Yea that makes sense but even up until now they have been very silent with from what we can tell lack of calling/reaching out so to continue the R1T folks and include the R1S folks seems like a big task even if they had until November 30th.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Another purely speculative take here, not based on anything I've heard...

I think Rivian might have slowed the contacts for a few potential reasons:
1) Trying to work out the kinks in the process & hopefully get information OUT instead of the guides constantly having to address the same questions repeatedly, which is terribly inefficient.
2) Improving automation in both the outreach and inbound calls/texts/emails.
3) Trying to get a better idea of production priorities (how orders should be fulfilled) & timelines, with the intent to communicate better ETAs.
  • I think we've already seen a slight shift in how they prioritize (guide contacts at least). At first it was heavily geographic & specific config-oriented, but it seems like the more recent contacts are prioritizing earlier preorders with a wider range of locations & configs.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
oh, good, found the thread. All crickets here in L.A. Dec 8, 2018 LG R1T pre-order holder and still no contact. Every few weeks I chat with CS to make sure I didn't miss an email. :crying:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

oh, good, found the thread. All crickets here in L.A. Dec 8, 2018 LG R1T pre-order holder and still no contact. Every few weeks I chat with CS to make sure I didn't miss an email. :crying:
I keep doing the same as well but the CS people are always fun and nice to chat with anyway.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It does seem strange that there have not been any further reports of guide contacts lately. The guides are already on staff so they have to be doing something. I can't imagine they are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs all day. They could be helping train new guides, but you can only train so much before you just start doing the job.

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
I'm also in San Diego, near Mission Trails Regional State Park area (central). I asked CS if they planned or considered a center/service front in SD. All I recall from the convo was, "it's been discussed" ... I take that to mean, people have mentioned it, not any form of there will be in a definite sense.
Yeah, I reached out to CS as well via email. I got a very vague answer back where she spoke of how they plan to service vehicle. She didn't even try to answer whether there will be a SD service center or not. Haha. Oh well. They might just service SD customers out of the OC center. Guess we'll see.
Sponsored