More Guide Contacts Trickling in...

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
It sounds to me that everyone with delivery for this year has been contacted. There hasn't been a delivery date I've heard past "End of November" for anyone. So maybe after that people with 2022 deliveries will start hearing from people.
Sponsored

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
It sounds to me that everyone with delivery for this year has been contacted. There hasn't been a delivery date I've heard past "End of November" for anyone. So maybe after that people with 2022 deliveries will start hearing from people.
Or maybe they're just waiting to see how fast they can ramp up production, then potentially add more deliveries this year? At least that's what I'm really hoping for.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Come on Thanksgiving! I want my Guide to save me from my family with that ever-important first contact! I wonder if I can have the same Guide for my LE and non-LE pre-orders?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Why wouldn't they deliver any vehicles in Dec? Doesn't make much sense. Anyways, I took a brake
Why would they stop delivery cars in Dec and start again in Jan? Doesn't make much sense to me. Seems like they will only deliver a few hundred trucks by Nov.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Any new contacts reported?

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
You might be right for R1T pre-orders but I don't think this is accurate for R1S. So far as I know, no one with an R1S has been contacted at all yet because they aren't doing anything for R1S yet.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

If I am not mistaken Rivian said that LE folks would be contacted by a guide by the end of November. Guide contact does not necessarily mean an imminent (1-2 week)delivery.

Again if I am not mistaken Rivian said that LEs should all be delivered Spring 2022.

The current silence from Rivian and the general public would suggest a slip in the above dates is probable.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
If I am not mistaken Rivian said that LE folks would be contacted by a guide by the end of November. Guide contact does not necessarily mean an imminent (1-2 week)delivery.

Again if I am not mistaken Rivian said that LEs should all be delivered Spring 2022.

The current silence from Rivian and the general public would suggest a slip in the above dates is probable.
I don't know - all they have to do is send everyone an introductory email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to meet the "contact by" deadline. And Spring 2022 technically lasts until June 20, 2022, so we have a lot of time to hit that deadline.

That's certainly not as fast as they'd led us to believe, but there's a lot of wiggle room in those projections...

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I don't know - all they have to do is send everyone an introductory email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to meet the "contact by" deadline. And Spring 2022 technically lasts until June 20, 2022, so we have a lot of time to hit that deadline.

That's certainly not as fast as they'd led us to believe, but there's a lot of wiggle room in those projections...
I agree but IMO even with the wiggle room further slip is probable.

Sponsored

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve