Sponsored

Missing Launch Features

Bloodypiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
With the release of the configurator, there have been many questions about the missing features on the launch vehicles.

I would like to have a clean concisive list off all previously discussed and confirmed options, features, and capabilities that are missing on the launch vehicles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bloodypiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Electrochromic Glass Roof - MISSING

"The panoramic glass roof is tinted and has been carefully optimized to deliver high transparency while keeping UV out."​

OP
OP

Bloodypiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
180° Tailgate - MISSING

"The 180-degree tailgate, for example, introduced substantial cost and complexity that we didn't feel created enough customer value. Instead, our tailgate now has an interior gooseneck hinge which provides additional strength and stability adding length to the truck bed when needed. "​

Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
And that isn't even the starting price...There is more floor below that...The 105/Medium pack will be cheaper than $67.5k...
Yes, the $69K starting price was originally referring to the base back configuration (was 105 kWh - now "Standard Pack"(?) instead of "Large" or "Max"?)

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
180° Tailgate - MISSING

"The 180-degree tailgate, for example, introduced substantial cost and complexity that we didn't feel created enough customer value. Instead, our tailgate now has an interior gooseneck hinge which provides additional strength and stability adding length to the truck bed when needed. "​
Since confirming the 180° tailgate being cancelled, you'd think there would be a lot of time and money having to go in to redesigning the controls and everything else that was involved no?

Rivian R1T R1S Missing Launch Features R1T Tailgate controls

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Missing - 180kWh/400+ Mile R1S - Not to beat a dead horse but this is by far my biggest disappointment.... I know I am in the minority but this is the reason I am having trouble staying excited about Rivian. At this point I am still here and in line hoping that they will finish whatever redesign they have hinted at that includes the larger battery pack while including 7 passenger seating. (I don't need 7 passenger seating but apparently that is the hold up with the largest battery pack)

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Missing - 180kWh/400+ Mile R1S - Not to beat a dead horse but this is by far my biggest disappointment.... I know I am in the minority but this is the reason I am having trouble staying excited about Rivian. At this point I am still here and in line hoping that they will finish whatever redesign they have hinted at that includes the larger battery pack while including 7 passenger seating. (I don't need 7 passenger seating but apparently that is the hold up with the largest battery pack)
I don't even think you're in the minority.

Anyone who wanted to tow with this truck wanted that battery.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Missing - 180kWh/400+ Mile R1S - Not to beat a dead horse but this is by far my biggest disappointment.... I know I am in the minority ...
No, you aren't. 58% of respondents to a poll I did here want the larger battery.

..but this is the reason I am having trouble staying excited about Rivian.
There must be a very good reason they are not offering it first - such as that they simply can't get the cells. Certainly, it's a nice looking truck (and SUV) but the thing that grabbed a lot of people when it was announced was the 400 mile range. Four hundred mile range now is more likely to elicit a yawn than a "Wow" and you can't even get 400 miles - yet. I think this is bound to have caused many to cancel but what do I know?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I'm kind of hoping that since many of us have to wait until January 2022+ now as we opted for the 400+ mile pack, and didn't get to do a launch edition after all that there are some improvements or additions before we get our versions from June-January+.

Would love to the the power tailgate added back.
Would love to see the addition of a retractable interior roof screen added to fully divert Sun.
Sure we'll see other improvements hopefully to be done as well that are issues at first in mass release.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
No, you aren't. 58% of respondents to a poll I did here want the larger battery.

There must be a very good reason they are not offering it first - such as that they simply can't get the cells. Certainly, it's a nice looking truck (and SUV) but the thing that grabbed a lot of people when it was announced was the 400 mile range. Four hundred mile range now is more likely to elicit a yawn than a "Wow" and you can't even get 400 miles - yet. I think this is bound to have caused many to cancel but what do I know?
I always thought it was a supply issue probably because of COVID to get the number of cells to deliver the larger packs. By doing the 135 packs instead of the 180 packs they can deliver 25% more vehicles. If the target is 24K, it is the same battery requirement as 18K for the large pack.
Sponsored