Sponsored

Minnesota Pre Orders

dhansen589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercades ML450
If you can get access to the R1S Shop -- highly recommended. After waiting 3 yrs and 3 months, took delivery today of my R1S -- LG, FE, 21s. Locked the car on the shop last Friday -- delivered in under 1 week! Of course, after a long wait and I was flexible on my configuration (originally Limestone, BM, 21s). Not sure the magic sauce in getting access to the shop -- I was pretty close to my ever moving delivery window, so maybe that did it...or maybe my guide did me a solid.

The team at the service center was great. Best car buying experience (again, other than the 3yr+ wait) ever.
Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
I’m excited for you. I’m a bit frustrated because I ordered a month after you, and I got pushed twice now, into 2024. I’m pretty sure my switch to the new OC from BM bumped me back a ways.
That's frustrating. Hoping you get lucky and it gets moved up.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Just got my guide contact, who was very hedgy that there *might* already be a vehicle with my exact config built and delivery *could* be sooner than my July-Sept 2023 delivery window. But it could still be weeks or months. I confirmed my config with no changes (R1S quad FG FE UBS). I've definitely read that there is wide variation between contact/confirmation and delivery. Curious if there are any MN recent anecdotes in this area.

Why am I so excited...
I got a confirm configuration notice in early November, spoke to my guide and confirmed mid November. Then radio silence until late December when I got a VIN match and started the 8 steps. Guide said the truck was still finishing production and would be 3-4 weeks before it could be transported and delivered...showed up a week later lol.

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
I got a confirm configuration notice in early November, spoke to my guide and confirmed mid November. Then radio silence until late December when I got a VIN match and started the 8 steps. Guide said the truck was still finishing production and would be 3-4 weeks before it could be transported and delivered...showed up a week later lol.
Thanks for the data point

Jlschoen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and others less cool
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My window was Feb-March 2023 but got lucky with an end of the year push.
Configuration email 11/30.
Guide matched to a VIN 12/19.
8-step 12/20/22
Delivery 12/27/22.

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just finished our First Mile with the R1S. What an amazing vehicle. Gonna be a long year of waiting.

RivianMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Just finished our First Mile with the R1S. What an amazing vehicle. Gonna be a long year of waiting.
Were you just at the service center this morning around 9am? I was dropping off my R1T around that time for a few small things that needed looking into.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Were you just at the service center this morning around 9am? I was dropping off my R1T around that time for a few small things that needed looking into.
I was there around 10:15am. They have to do the actual drives from across the street because of zoning. Which is silly.

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Got my 8 steps email, excited to be joining the club s00n!
And delivery is this Saturday. 16 days from guide to delivery. Before my delivery window. They are trying to get product out.

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

And delivery is this Saturday. 16 days from guide to delivery. Before my delivery window. They are trying to get product out.
Congrats! That's awesome!

We loved our test of the R1S last week. What a vehicle.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Well, I've been waiting since 2019 for the Max pack option on an R1T.... but I've changed my mind and decided to lock in with a Quad Motor Large Pack instead. I really went back and forth... but I've decided that it's not worth it for me. They had one in the color options I wanted in the Shop, so I am starting the process now to take delivery.

Should be a proud Rivian owner in the next few weeks. Still shopping my insurance and financing around.... kind of kicking myself on the financing since rates were better last year. Also trying to decide if I'll do a MN delivery or take delivery at the factory. Will depend on how the trade in works out.
Sponsored