Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

The Rivian API reports that my battery capacity is 127
The "drive" screen reports my battery health as 97%

127/.97 = 130.9

So that math works out pretty good.

However, the question remains if anyone's vehicle has 100% battery health.
100% real SoC is usually never achieved, due to preserving the health of the battery. My Tesla has only achieved 99.7% SoC (real) when it's charged to "100%". As it degrades with age, that "100%" could actually be a lower real SoC.
Sponsored

Chris TX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

I decided to cancel my RST in part because charging while towing is going to be a pain in the ass if I have to unhook every time. Can't use superchargers that don't have pull-through with the port at the back of the truck. Would rather have to stop more often than deal with that.

The situation is likely to improve in the future, but I can revisit it in a few years if I decide I want to. Right now RAN is pretty much perfect for the trips we will take this year and probably next as well.
Do what all us Tesla owners do when we are charging and pull in at 90-degrees, blocking off a bunch of spots. Stay with the vehicle in case someone wants to complain or take pictures to shame you on social media.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Do what all us Tesla owners do when we are charging and pull in at 90-degrees, blocking off a bunch of spots. Stay with the vehicle in case someone wants to complain or take pictures to shame you on social media.
I'll buy a Tesla logo to slap on the front of the truck to confuse tesla owners.

I typically use stops as a chance to grab groceries or take a walk. I suppose I could just do laps around my truck and trailer.

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
Hi @JamuJoe, wondering if you can share what efficiency numbers and/or range you were seeing with the dual motor max pack?

I've seen a couple other posts of folks pulling airstreams with DM max pack indicating a range of 200 miles. That far exceeds the meager 11 kwh increase in battery, so I'm wondering if the max pack front/rear motor configuration is contributing to much better towing efficiency than the DM large pack and the Quad. Or.... Maybe the other folks aren't really achieving 200 mile range but are being deceived by inaccurate estimates in the software.
My overall efficiency was 1.1 mpkWh. The winter trip included cold weather, mountains, and adverse wind. I tow at 60 mph, and have a faitly light foot.
Sponsored