First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
Has anyone else’s max pack been locked? Mine has and I’m curious why they’d start locking max pack configs if the delivery estimate is still 2023.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Has anyone else’s max pack been locked? Mine has and I’m curious why they’d start locking max pack configs if the delivery estimate is still 2023.
Maybe they’re locking their production schedule in.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
What do you mean by locked??

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
About two months ago I changed my max pack reservation to a large pack. I was contacted by my guide a few weeks later.
They don’t re-run the delivery window calculations very often though. I never got a new delivery window before guide contact. In fact, after I had a vin assigned, I received an auto-generated email telling me my new window would be October or something. It was wrong 😅.

Sponsored

Wentworth

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado 1500, ‘22 i-Pace
Occupation
Stay at home parent, former airline pilot
Guide tells me I was assigned a guide as a result of being invited to peruse the R1T shop. I will have access to the shop until I buy one from it or my truck is scheduled for production, per my guide. I spoke with a family this weekend using their R1T in the same manner I plan on using mine, towing a boat around MN, and I am more sure than ever that I (and my wife) want to wait for the max pack.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Guide tells me I was assigned a guide as a result of being invited to peruse the R1T shop. I will have access to the shop until I buy one from it or my truck is scheduled for production, per my guide. I spoke with a family this weekend using their R1T in the same manner I plan on using mine, towing a boat around MN, and I am more sure than ever that I (and my wife) want to wait for the max pack.
I just can’t see the smaller battery working for prairie use especially with current state of charging.

MaxMike77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford expedition, jeep, tesla model three
Occupation
nerd
Any R1S max pack updates? No? Yeah, thought so 😞

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I've read two conflicting stories, one that max pack introduced structural issues, especially as it relates to suspension failures. The other, that they were already in the wild testing, but were waiting on EPA certification to start talking figures.

Either way, wait and see.

Max Pack!!!

AlexF

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
I've read two conflicting stories, one that max pack introduced structural issues, especially as it relates to suspension failures. The other, that they were already in the wild testing, but were waiting on EPA certification to start talking figures.

Max Pack!!!
Curious about the claimed issues with suspension failures. I’ve been wondering about the effects of the extra weight on things like that. Even if this is true it’s a good thing it was found in the testing phase!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Max Pack!!!
Gots A link to an article or forum post or etc?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just saw this comment from a month ago on Reddit FWIW. Who knows how accurate it is, but if it’s true, I’d be quite pleased.

Rivian R1T R1S Max Pack Update?  Anyone? 7EDF0E32-CAAD-4C6E-A6FF-B7C570CBB094

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Gots A link to an article or forum post or etc?
I'll see what I can find. But the structural comment was from someone doing a first drive event and the Rivian employee confessed they were having suspension issues and things breaking as a result of the added max pack weight. That one didn't really add up to me as the truck has been shown to be more than capable of handling its weight with a full payload in many videos/reviews with ease.

The other was someone inquiring with CS about the max packs status, and they said they were currently doing the epa testing and would have range figures etc s00n!

In both instances nothing really traceable, more hearsay from one to another, and CS giving a response with likely only half the story and making up the rest to put the customer at ease until info is released.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I'll see what I can find. But the structural comment was from someone doing a first drive event and the Rivian employee confessed they were having suspension issues and things breaking as a result of the added max pack weight. That one didn't really add up to me as the truck has been shown to be more than capable of handling its weight with a full payload in many videos/reviews with ease.

The other was someone inquiring with CS about the max packs status, and they said they were currently doing the epa testing and would have range figures etc s00n!

In both instances nothing really traceable, more hearsay from one to another, and CS giving a response with likely only half the story and making up the rest to put the customer at ease until info is released.
They likely want to maintain the payload rating, with an increase in GVWR.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

They likely want to maintain the payload rating, with an increase in GVWR.
That's what I'm assuming as well. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored