First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Still on the hunt…
I was pretty shocked to find it on my first try out of the 10 Matchbox Cars they had in stock. Guess that's the benefit of being the only R1 in a smaller town. I have to smile at the slight uptick of shoppers in Family Dollar looking for these things. Hadn't shopped there in probably 20 years.

I'll keep an eye out for others.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I think Matchbox has lost the war with Hot Wheels. Everywhere I try....virtually no inventory of Matchbox or even self space....but Hot Wheels everywhere.....

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I think Matchbox has lost the war with Hot Wheels. Everywhere I try....virtually no inventory of Matchbox or even self space....but Hot Wheels everywhere.....
Based on one experience I agree. Was shopping a whole wall of Hot wheels before I thought "wait didn't I ask him for Matchbox?". Found them across the aisle around the corner down low.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Matchbox Rivian R1T is Released! PXL_20230603_170552534

No luck in Smelterville, Idaho.

Dave Smith needs to work on his Rivian game!

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
No R1S???

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I bought both of mine on Amazon, and paid dearly. Does that surprise anyone here who bought a real Rivian?
1. Nov 19, 2022 $24.95 + $7.15 shipping = $32.10 total
2. Nov 24, 2022 $29.99 + $7.21 shipping = $37.20 total
First one may have been a "second" as the white paint that represents the center light bar is slightly messed up. I bought the second from a different listing the day my first one arrived. The second one has zero defects. My intention was to return the first one but never got around to it. That one ended up as a great "in-the-box" gift for one of my grandkids who hopefully never finds out how much grandpa paid for it.

My wife unit just found another vender on Amazon again. This time $13.44 with "free" Prime delivery. I may pony up again just to see what I get. Bottom line is that ordering online really is a crapshoot, now matter what vendor. All that matters to most is how much BS you are willing to accept for a myriad of reasons. There is a Dollar Tree near my home, but it is the same location where my then fairly new XC90 Inscription T8 got creamed by a beater truck when they "parked". If I had been shopping Dollar Tree for a Match Box Rivian R1T on that day, it would have cost over $1,500 out-of-pocket to purchase the $1.25 product. c’est la vie as the Irish say.

Amazon: Matchbox Rivan R1T

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Do you think they'll ever be a time where the price of the matchbox is more than the price of the stock?
Asked and answered. :)

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I bought both of mine on Amazon, and paid dearly. Does that surprise anyone here who bought a real Rivian?
1. Nov 19, 2022 $24.95 + $7.15 shipping = $32.10 total
2. Nov 24, 2022 $29.99 + $7.21 shipping = $37.20 total
First one may have been a "second" as the white paint that represents the center light bar is slightly messed up. I bought the second from a different listing the day my first one arrived. The second one has zero defects. My intention was to return the first one but never got around to it. That one ended up as a great "in-the-box" gift for one of my grandkids who hopefully never finds out how much grandpa paid for it.

My wife unit just found another vender on Amazon again. This time $13.44 with "free" Prime delivery. I may pony up again just to see what I get. Bottom line is that ordering online really is a crapshoot, now matter what vendor. All that matters to most is how much BS you are willing to accept for a myriad of reasons. There is a Dollar Tree near my home, but it is the same location where my then fairly new XC90 Inscription T8 got creamed by a beater truck when they "parked". If I had been shopping Dollar Tree for a Match Box Rivian R1T on that day, it would have cost over $1,500 out-of-pocket to purchase the $1.25 product. c’est la vie as the Irish say.

Amazon: Matchbox Rivan R1T
I did the exact same thing you did my forum friend and went through Amazon. I think we used the same vendor.

I'm still waiting for my real R1T so I figured the $32 was worth it to get early delivery of an R1T and this one has a tonneau cover to boot! :)

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Right, I suppose aftermarket it is. Cool.
I was thinking $1.25...
I guess it just depends on how soon/how bad you want it. I may go over to Dollar Tree today, or soon. Who doesn't want this Matchbox item for $1.25 vs. $30+. What I do know for sure is that I will park in the "back 40" in a feeble attempt to avoid stupidity. :)

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I did the exact same thing you did my forum friend and went through Amazon. I think we used the same vendor.

I'm still waiting for my real R1T so I figured the $32 was worth it to get early delivery of an R1T and this one has a tonneau cover to boot! :)
Rivian R1T R1S Matchbox Rivian R1T is Released! IMG_20230603_162611

I'm not paying $32.

I'm clearing the shelf when I find them to Matchbox other trucks.

Kalispell MT Dollar Tree was a bust too. Who keeps taking all the Rivians?!

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I mean… They're the same company, so I don't think Mattel really cares.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I mean… They're the same company, so I don't think Mattel really cares.
I didn't realize that. They should make a Hot Wheels version of the R1T too then, and up my odds of seeing one.
Sponsored