Sponsored

Manual Tonneau Cover on Back Order

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
9/12/23 R1T delivery, with tonneau included in purchase price. Not a peep from Rivian on when to expect my tonneau - 4 months and counting 🫤 Only paid $800, so I guess I’ll be waiting it out.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I love my Rivian tonneau!
So far I love mine too, but I think I have only removed it once since install. That was on a cold day and I was 75% sure it was going to snap when I pulled on that cable :CWL: (it didn’t). For $800 it was totally worth it!

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Keep checking Facebook marketplace, I've seen a couple for around $800 pop up there. I got my for $800 from someone who received their pre-ordered cover after they already sold the truck. It was brand new in box.

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I received mine , I have a broken locking pin that attaches to the pull cable , they will send another assy / complete.

I will remove and mfg the pin with the hole in 304 stainless steel.

Stay tuned

GB

TTaussig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT
Occupation
Retired
If you paid the latest price for it ($1600?) I would say you could do better with the Interrobang or one of the other options. The Rivian cover is nice and mine has not broken yet, but many others have had the latching/ release mechanism break without much effort. I only paid $800 for mine so I will ride it out until it is no longer usable.
Agree to hold on if you got the manual cover for the lower pre-order price I have been waiting since early October. Otherwise R1T is great.

Sponsored

supernu8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Still waiting on mine, purchased with the truck a year ago. I check in every month with my guide to see if there's any update.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I got my truck last June. I wasn't thrilled to pay Rivian $1800 for a manual cover that would be delivered sometime during the overall life of the truck. I ended up with a Lomax Tri-cover by Agri-Cover for about $900 delivered to the house before July 4th weekend.

So glad I did as it's become a critical part of using the truck...there's always room for something under that cover. I also drove from Eugene, OR to Tacoma, WA in October an absolute downpour and left the truck sitting outside in said storm over night...it only had about 6 drops of water on each side of the bed up near the cab.

I couldn't be happier that I didn't play the Rivian Tonneau Cover Roulette game...

iBang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Rivian R1T Adventure
I picked up my R1T exactly a year ago and my manual tonneau cover arived 11 months later but they screwed it up by delivering four mid panels. They forgot to include the first and the last piece. I called the guide and he said he would put a replacement order. Now 2 months has past and still nothing. The guide has no idea when the replacement would come. I am seriously canceling the order for refund since I paid $1800 for it. I might go with Interrobang one. Has anyone know how to go about canceling the order and get a refund? Do I need to speak to my guide or should I drop my incomplete tonneau cover at the service center and get a refund from them?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I picked up my R1T exactly a year ago and my manual tonneau cover arived 11 months later but they screwed it up by delivering four mid panels. They forgot to include the first and the last piece. I called the guide and he said he would put a replacement order. Now 2 months has past and still nothing. The guide has no idea when the replacement would come. I am seriously canceling the order for refund since I paid $1800 for it. I might go with Interrobang one. Has anyone know how to go about canceling the order and get a refund? Do I need to speak to my guide or should I drop my incomplete tonneau cover at the service center and get a refund from them?
I think that you are on the right track. For a lot less money, you can get a much better tonneau cover from Interrobang or Lomax. For $2,100 you can get a really nice Carbon Fiber Lomax cover. You can readily purchase these covers without the drama of trying to buy anything from Rivian.

Brian

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
So far I love mine too, but I think I have only removed it once since install. That was on a cold day and I was 75% sure it was going to snap when I pulled on that cable :CWL: (it didn’t). For $800 it was totally worth it!
Make sure you’re pushing the tonneau inwards before pulling the cable also!

Sponsored

isakhnov

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I ordered together with the cover, asked to cancel the cover after waiting for months, was confirmed that it is canceled, but no refund had ever showed up and at some day cover was dropped off with no announcement beyond UPS notification. Was not frilled with that but the cover looked decent and I agreed to keep it. Both locks on the last panel snapped on the first opening, as they are made from plastic. I'm stuck with the broken manual cover that I need pliers to open. Rivian has not fixed it and still does not know how to go about fixing it even after the service appt that was targeting this among other issues. Highly frustrated with the experience and would recommend to stay as far away from it as you can.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Not specific to tonneau but refunds with Rivian can take a very long time. I returned an item to the gear shop and heard nothing for 2 months. Sent my guide confirmation package was returned and signed based on tracking. Refund came a few days later. This type of thing happened to me twice, where I had to follow up to be refunded. Hopefully it’s better now.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

pretty sure only one panel is different (the one with the locking mechanism) and the other 3 are the same. i've interchanged them and it works fine. you just need that last panel.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
pretty sure only one panel is different (the one with the locking mechanism) and the other 3 are the same. i've interchanged them and it works fine. you just need that last panel.
Technically not the same. Powered slats are narrower. More slats than 3. The ends have teeth underneath to engage with gear attached to motor.

Forego the speculations. Like all other out-sourced parts, Rivian gets their order from external suppliers in batches. I’d even bet they come in batches from overseas in shipping containers. Rivian ships them as the batches arrive and order is most likely by your reservation date. 10/2021 reservation. 7/2023 delivery. 11/2023 email update regarding cover with delivery window of 3rd week of 12/2023. Received cover a week early.

Again, patience. Crying sour grapes doesn’t change pace of global shipping lanes. Like distribution of OTAs, you’ll get your turn.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Technically not the same. Powered slats are narrower. More slats than 3. The ends have teeth underneath to engage with gear attached to motor.

Forego the speculations. Like all other out-sourced parts, Rivian gets their order from external suppliers in batches. I’d even bet they come in batches from overseas in shipping containers. Rivian ships them as the batches arrive and order is most likely by your reservation date. 10/2021 reservation. 7/2023 delivery. 11/2023 email update regarding cover with delivery window of 3rd week of 12/2023. Received cover a week early.

Again, patience. Crying sour grapes doesn’t change pace of global shipping lanes. Like distribution of OTAs, you’ll get your turn.
I’m not talking about the powered tonneau. My response was to the guy about his manual tonneau.

And who is crying sour grapes. Read more carefully bro
Sponsored