Sponsored

Loving Rally Mode

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I have found that Rally mode, in my R1T, is my go to mode whenever I encounter rough dirt trails/roads or crappy paved road sections. The dampening and stiffness settings seems much better than All Purpose or even the All Terrain mode. I would love to see these settings available in the On Road menu, so that it could be easily selected, without the multiple steps required to access the Off Road menu. For the On Road setting, they would utilize the Rally mode suspension settings while keeping the default All Purpose Stability settings. As it is now, Stability is reduced in Rally mode, which is fine in the dirt. How about an over the air update for this feature!
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Good to know. Thank you. I'll have to give that a try.

Brian

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
R1S software update drastically fixed AP mode with ride quality not too long ago. Overall I think the suspension is pretty terrible compared to the R1T I test drove forever ago because of the wheelbase. I thought the air suspension would be similar to a Range Rover but it's not even close. I understand it's an adventure vehicle and I'm so thankful for that recent update that definitely made it much better than before but it's still not great with my 20's.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I agree that the September update greatly improved All Purpose mode for my R1T. But, it is still not up to the level of the Rally Mode, IMHO. As noted, there is still plenty of room for improvement in AP mode.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
I am still amazed at the difference between T&S in ride. I get the wheel base and highways bit, but noticeable ride difference between the two just around town. Not that the S is bad, but truck definitely feels better overall.

Of course Colorado roads suck and could probably find a way to make a hover craft bounce

Sponsored

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Good to know. Thank you. I'll have to give that a try.

Brian
Getting back on topic, I think you will find a fair difference with Rally mode in the R1T. I don’t know that it is the answer in all normal driving scenarios, but it sure is, for me, when the driving surface gets rough. I haven’t really tried it a lot on normal paved roads and I imagine it‘s a little soft for the twisties. I’m going to do some more experimenting.

Swezey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM LBP 21" Rivian Blue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I would love to watch a YT video going over the hydraulic sway tech and the parameters that can be tuned. Rally Mode, I believe, allows more individual wheel articulation which equates to a smoother drive.

Surely a S/W update can be had that knows the best time to allow individual wheel articulation and when to apply more of the anti-sway values.

+1 for being able to control this in the Drive modes yourself under custom settings and a range bar.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Just drove about 5 miles of very annoying, rattle your teeth out, washboard dirt road. Well, used to be annoying. Today, I put the R1T in rally mode and sailed happily along at about 50 mph - no problem. What a difference!

In rally mode, the truck does sway more when cornering on paved roads. So, not ideal for curvy paved roads.

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I drive almost all the time in Rally Mode High - cower before me short cars!!!

It’s the only mode you can go over 46 and stay in High.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Try rally mode on dirt roads and floor it. I got a turtle icon and other warnings, but it was fun.

And horrifying when I thought I broke it. Just walked away for a bit and it was fine, thank goodness.
Sponsored