Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Holy cow our camera is FUBAR.

- started with a green screen on all cameras. I initially thought it was my driver profile, but it eventually hit my wife’s profile too.

- then it started freezing the images. All the time. For example, I’d be pulling out of the garage and the cameras would show the car parked in the garage at a standstill.

- now it’s hilarious. If you go to any camera, it randomly displays a still image of a place we’ve been - any place at all - over the past few days. We were backing out of a restaurant parking lot today, and it showed us backing out of a busy street near our hood, lol. Tonight we were leaving the movie theatre and it showed an image of us backing out of my in-laws driveway on Easter Sunday!!!

Have a service appointment for Thursday to look into it further, but it’s quite hilarious what we are seeing on a daily basis.
Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I had the same issue. Front camera footage got corrupt way more than others though. Here are the recommendations I got from SC:
1. Do an infotainment reset
2. Do a vehicle reset
3. If still experiencing the issue after 1 and 2, bring it in for more diagnostics.

Rivian R1T R1S Let’s Talk Camera Issues! Screenshot_20230415-181839

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Neither of those are normal. You should both take your trucks in for service. I've had my truck almost a year, and have never experienced a single issue like that.

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Mine requested a soft reset daily, multiple times too. I failed to mention that because that was during phase one of my aforementioned problems 👀.

Definitely going in for a colonoscopy.

BPN

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru outback
Those images that are being recalled… do you think it’s from your recorded gear guard videos? If not, that would be weird?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Those images that are being recalled… do you think it’s from your recorded gear guard videos? If not, that would be weird?
Nope. Literally from previous drives in random places. Neighborhood corner. Stop sign. Street light. All while driving.

BPN

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru outback
Nope. Literally from previous drives in random places. Neighborhood corner. Stop sign. Street light. All while driving.
Interesting… I wonder if this “bug” is a result of the coming implementation of the dash cam? Dash cam features would allow the vehicle to record during drives and perhaps your system is somehow tapping into the unreleased features haha

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
I sure as hell don’t know but man it’s awesome to back out of my garage onto a major highway lol

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Update: she’s at the service center and after 24 hours, they still don’t know the issue. Latest estimate is we won’t get her back for another week!

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
They claim they fixed it. Broken “AXM module” which allows the cameras to interact with the software. I should finally get the vehicle back tomorrow or Monday (8-10 day total service window)

Sponsored

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I had similar experience where when i put it in reverse all the cameras had still images from a drive (not gear guard videos) and also on a separate occasion got an error message on the front camera. I didn't have to do any resets and the cameras started working again after I got back in the car later that day. Wondering if it's something that requires a service appointment or if i should wait to see if it happens again. I've only had the R1S for a week and haven't driven it very much. Have not had that bad green screen image and the front camera and all the other ones seem to be working.

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Keep an eye on it and if it starts acting up (random pictures or requested soft resets). If so reference this, but obviously they will plug it into the system and review the logs etc.

I will say they told me they’d never seen this issue before and it took their engineer 2 days identify

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

wow, interesting but sounds like its a corner case. i have seen gear guard recordings where 1 of the 5 camera recordings is green screen. its happened a few times. then the system froze in that it wouldnt let me play/watch any videos in gear guard. i did a soft reset and it fixed it and haven't seen the green screen come back.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Mine goes green every once in a while. Mainly with gear guard. Also, while we're talking cameras, can anyone actually see anything on them at night? My gear guard videos from nighttime are almost completely black.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Keep an eye on it and if it starts acting up (random pictures or requested soft resets). If so reference this, but obviously they will plug it into the system and review the logs etc.

I will say they told me they’d never seen this issue before and it took their engineer 2 days identify
Update: I now get the green screen when i put in reverse to back out on all the cameras. Was pulling out of an open parkling lot last night (tight parking spaces) and really could have used the cameras to help me...thankfully the sensors worked so i could hear loud beeping as i got close to nearby cars. I am also still getting those random still pictures when putting it in reverse too so will be reaching out to service center.

OP- thanks for starting this thread and sharing your experience and potential fixes!
Sponsored