Sponsored

Lack of Android Auto / Waze is a reason to cancel

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

There are solutions I don't see being discussed (although I admit I have not read all 12 pages of comments on this thread).

• Rivian could enable NAV on their iOS/Android apps, which could work inside CarPlay/AA, similar to how when I use CarPlay I can choose to have the iOS Maps app run the NAV, or Waze, or Google Maps. Rivian NAV could be another option in that list, if enabled in their app.
  • Rivian could split the screen and allow CarPlay/AA on some portion while showing native NAV on the other portion. Other manufactures already do this.
I'm an Apple One+ subscriber for my fam of 5. Really not interested in adding a Spotify subscription and having to make new playlists and generate a whole new behavioral profile.

Not saying I'm canceling my reservation yet, but it is annoying.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
A car company can dictate whatever they want, because it's their car/product. Audio, NAV, etc. are no different than the seats, the wheels, the engine, or any other feature or component of the vehicle. This is our product and we hope you like it, that's it.

Saying it's unreasonable is like saying it's unreasonable that they don't offer the option of real leather seats(or cloth), but force vegan leather upon us without option.
Unreasonable is a personal thing, so yes, it can be unreasonable! Unreasonable doesn’t mean illegal or impossible.

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
CP/AA existing doesn’t mean the stock interface ceases to exist. If you’re doing something where the stock interface is better, you can just use it.

… I use the stock interface in my cars almost never. Most people think BMW’s idrive is the best setup in the industry.
Sponsored