carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

In theory this should actually help with the aero. Yes, its heaver but I think that would be made up for from the better air flows over a dimpled/rough surface.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
On a new vehicle, agreed. It's a great way to bring an offroad vehicle back to life though. My truck is covered in bedliner and i love the low maintenance. It also survived a recent hailstorm that ended up totaling our airstream, roof, and steel workshop. It adds negligible weight to the vehicle.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
My neighbor did this to his Honda Element. We live in a wet, salty environment, and he’s closer to the water than I am, so I figured it was a defensive measure against the evils of oxidization. It’s weird, but I kinda dig it.
I hope your neighbor knows he should not hose out his Element. Lots of owners make this mistake, because of the rubber floor, and end up rusting their floors out.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
In theory this should actually help with the aero. Yes, its heaver but I think that would be made up for from the better air flows over a dimpled/rough surface.
Doubtful. Aero would only come into play at high speeds. Most driving isn't done at those speeds.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'd like to do something like this just on the rocker panels & skid plates, and then maybe the plastic top pieces on the bed rails.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This stuff really improves dent resistance. A friend had it on his old Tundra and it was the next best thing to indestructible.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Perfect for black ops field work.. that thing would be invisible at night! Who knows, might not even show up on camera?

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
Dimpled surfaces only help with airflow when the object is rotating as it moves through the air like a golf ball. This surface will create drag and more surface area for things to stick to it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Colorado just had another nasty hail storm last night. I would consider this if it meant I could stop having a code brown every time I hear thunder now. đź’©

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah this on your truck and you no longer have to worry about some inconsiderate jerk bashing into your door, rock chips, bugs or other road hazards. You're also probably good from a jilted ex lover keying your car if that sort of thing is an issue for you.
Sponsored