January/Feb delivery windows

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone know how long it has been taking from completion of all the financial docs/signings to truck arriving in one's driveway? I know there's an obvious physical destination distance component but there is a some ballpark ability. I'm in WA (Snohomish) which should be comparable to a PRK (Kalifornia) delivery.

All of this opened up for me today, I filled it all out, just waiting for current insurance provider (AllState) to give me what sort of impact they feel the R1T will do to my policy premiums so I can contrast w/the Rivian/Nationwide quote. (Somewhat pimped (e.g. added/bumped coverages, mine's $140/mo) ... Anyone have any feel/review on the Rivian/Nationwide insurance quote? Was it better/worse than current provider? Is it always w/Nationwide is Nationwide hellish to deal with in an claim situation?

Thanks!
Friday to the following Tuesday.
Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Anyone know how long it has been taking from completion of all the financial docs/signings to truck arriving in one's driveway? I know there's an obvious physical destination distance component but there is a some ballpark ability. I'm in WA (Snohomish) which should be comparable to a PRK (Kalifornia) delivery.

All of this opened up for me today, I filled it all out, just waiting for current insurance provider (AllState) to give me what sort of impact they feel the R1T will do to my policy premiums so I can contrast w/the Rivian/Nationwide quote. (Somewhat pimped (e.g. added/bumped coverages, mine's $140/mo) ... Anyone have any feel/review on the Rivian/Nationwide insurance quote? Was it better/worse than current provider? Is it always w/Nationwide is Nationwide hellish to deal with in an claim situation?

Thanks!
For me it was about 23 hours from finishing all the steps until it was delivered.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Was 5 days for me. May have been longer than usual because Service Center in MA is not yet completed. Truck is coming from NY Service Center.

NaCl

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countryman s all4, Highlander Hybrid XLE, R1T
To all that have replied, was this after step 8 (select a delivery date) unlocked or after step 7? I've done everything up to 7 (payment)... everything shows complete/no action required. Step 8 (preparing vehicle) is locked.

How long does it take to go from step 7 before step 8 opens? I was super excited, yesterday, thinking step 8 was locked simply because I had not completed all of the prior steps. At the very least, having to carry insurance on an additional vehicle not even in my possession/have never see/no ability _to_ see and no notion of when any of that will change is tripping my "Spidey sense" a bit.

And, yes, I have attempted to contact my assigned guide (email and voice) no response; for 2 days now. I had originally emailed/called about another question. Anyone else find the guide thing to be inert/ineffectual to just plain useless? This has been my experience thus far.

Anyway, thanks tons for the responses/info!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Anyone else find the guide thing to be inert/ineffectual to just plain useless?
No. My guide was extremely helpful and punctual the two times I have reached out.

But those were about substantial road blocks in the process, not "why can't I get my car yesterday?!" ?

Sponsored

NaCl

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No. My guide was extremely helpful and punctual the two times I have reached out.

But those were about substantial road blocks in the process, not "why can't I get my car yesterday?!" ?
I honestly can't tell if you're just trying to give me shit or if you're intimating my questions somehow redound to unimportant drivel?

My question wasn't "Why can't I get my car yesterday?!" Throughout the process my guide has not called when he indicated he would call, on several occasions. The last of which was a few weeks ago (20220228 in fact) when he texted me about the PBA. In the text he indicated that he would call. No call, no text, no email, no nothing. On various other occasions I would send emails asking questions about the process that would go unanswered or, on the rare instance a response would be vended, it wouldn't contain anything one could construe as acknowledgement of my questions let alone anything approaching answers.

If the goal of a guide, is to do things per the namesake, then mine has been ineffectual and of zero use. Unless it is only by his direct 'button pushing', form letter generating, doc preparing, and/or walking out onto the line and assembly of the vehicle, nothing the guy has done has been helpful/materially useful.

Stated another way, if I had not been assigned a guide, I would have no less knowledge/less better off wrt the process than I am right now.

Glad your mileage varied. Make the appropriate sacrifices to the RNG gods as they favored you apparently.

I hope they have a "How was the process/experience?"/"Rate your guide." retrospective/survey afterwards.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I honestly can't tell if you're just trying to give me shit or if you're intimating my questions somehow redound to unimportant drivel?

My question wasn't "Why can't I get my car yesterday?!" Throughout the process my guide has not called when he indicated he would call, on several occasions. The last of which was a few weeks ago (20220228 in fact) when he texted me about the PBA. In the text he indicated that he would call. No call, no text, no email, no nothing. On various other occasions I would send emails asking questions about the process that would go unanswered or, on the rare instance a response would be vended, it wouldn't contain anything one could construe as acknowledgement of my questions let alone anything approaching answers.

If the goal of a guide, is to do things per the namesake, then mine has been ineffectual and of zero use. Unless it is only by his direct 'button pushing', form letter generating, doc preparing, and/or walking out onto the line and assembly of the vehicle, nothing the guy has done has been helpful/materially useful.

Stated another way, if I had not been assigned a guide, I would have no less knowledge/less better off wrt the process than I am right now.

Glad your mileage varied. Make the appropriate sacrifices to the RNG gods as they favored you apparently.

I hope they have a "How was the process/experience?"/"Rate your guide." retrospective/survey afterwards.
It sounds like your guide is not performing as well as other guides.

ie: I suspect they have a performance issue that the guide's supervisor would be disappointed in.

Scooter8511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Fusion, '16 Colorado, '98 S10 ZR2 pickup

Are their initials B.E.D? I've been having a similar experience.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

ie: I suspect they have a performance issue that the guide's supervisor would be disappointed in.
I feel like we're a nats ass away from naming our guides, putting them in signatures and such...

Funny story, the first day of guide assignment I could see my guide's last name, now it just has an abbreviatied letter.

NaCl

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

/nod ... where I work, not even being done w/current perf/calibrations, I keep thinking 'hard NI'.

Are their initials B.E.D? I've been having a similar experience.
Not the same. Which is more unfortunate as now we have identified the existence of a plurality of poor guides.

I feel like we're a nats ass away from naming our guides, putting them in signatures and such...
I'm conflicted. My kneejerk is certainly "burn witches!" but I don't know that I'd feel that great if I ended up ruining someone on that level. Poor feedback is one thing, full outing seems uncomfortably close to doxing though.

Funny story, the first day of guide assignment I could see my guide's last name, now it just has an abbreviatied letter.
I looked back through my email and I only have the format of guide<first name><last initial>@

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
To all that have replied, was this after step 8 (select a delivery date) unlocked or after step 7? I've done everything up to 7 (payment)... everything shows complete/no action required. Step 8 (preparing vehicle) is locked.

How long does it take to go from step 7 before step 8 opens? I was super excited, yesterday, thinking step 8 was locked simply because I had not completed all of the prior steps.
The TL;DR version of my timeline is

March 7th: Text from my Guide saying that my truck is "in production"

March 9th: Received and signed my PBA

March 16th: 8-Steps unlocked, Steps 1-6 completed

March 17th: Step 7 completed in the AM, received notice my vehicle was ready for delivery and completed Step 8 in the early afternoon

March 19th: Delivery (hopefully)

That all being said, it really seems like the time between steps is different for every person. Some people went from PBA, to 8-Steps, to Delivery all in the space of like 4 days. For me it was more like 10-12 days. And clearly other people are waiting even longer. So I don't think there is a specific answer to your question, but I hope you get to Step 8 soon!

NaCl

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The TL;DR version of my timeline is

March 7th: Text from my Guide saying that my truck is "in production"

March 9th: Received and signed my PBA

March 16th: 8-Steps unlocked, Steps 1-6 completed

March 17th: Step 7 completed in the AM, received notice my vehicle was ready for delivery and completed Step 8 in the early afternoon

March 19th: Delivery (hopefully)

That all being said, it really seems like the time between steps is different for every person. Some people went from PBA, to 8-Steps, to Delivery all in the space of like 4 days. For me it was more like 10-12 days. And clearly other people are waiting even longer. So I don't think there is a specific answer to your question, but I hope you get to Step 8 soon!
Thank you. Glad you're on track to getting yours tomorrow!

For me there are two classes of issues, one of inconvenience/instant gratification and one in the giant poke-in-the-eye-with-a-sharp-stick class.

Inconvenience:
  • Want truck NOW! Instant gratification...if there is any reality wherein 19 months can be considered 'instant', but whatever. There's no real life impacting issue w/not getting the thing if this was the only problem.
Poke-in-the-eye-with-a-sharp-stick:
  • Rivian did/does not allow for the provison of progressing through the paperwork w/out proof of valid insurance, I had to add the truck to my existing AllState policy. This is a cost that is ticking away as of yesterday. What is the logical extrema for time before step 8 opens? Days, weeks, months, _years_? Paying insurance in general is not something I do because I like it.
  • I traded in my current vehicle Model X 100D + down + deposit. While that took a sizeable chunk out of the resulting loan, depending on how the process w/their docs works (e.g. Is the payment/interest clock ticking now?) it may be that I am required to make payments on a vehicle that I, again, can't see, can't touch, and have no agency over. This is to say nothing of the down payment + deposit money which is already gone. That is _actual_ money that Rivian now has, that I do not. Nor do I not only have no idea when I can choose a date for delivery but no idea on when the step/ability for me to be able to _select_ a date opens.

The latter class of issues is where I take umbrage. Paying for anything I can't even look/feel/touch or exercise agency over is something that infuriates me w/the power of a thousand suns. If my guide would actually do his job and answer an email and/or if Rivian were more granular/transparent w/what is going on w/step 8 unlock delay, a lot of this FUD/ire could be avoided.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Rivian did/does not allow for the provison of progressing through the paperwork w/out proof of valid insurance, I had to add the truck to my existing AllState policy. This is a cost that is ticking away as of yesterday. What is the logical extrema for time before step 8 opens? Days, weeks, months, _years_? Paying insurance in general is not something I do because I like it.
I just blew through that step by uploading my existing ID card and told our guide I would not be requesting any policy changes until I had an effective date to give my agent.

Once I scheduled, I sent the request to my agent who set the change effective to my delivery date, and emailed the updated proof of insurance to our guide.

I also gave them feedback on the process that asking for insurance at that step was premature. I think some of it is an idiosyncrasy of it being an IL transaction -- in WA, my carrier is required to cover my new car effective upon purchase and I have 30 days to tell my carrier I bought it.

NaCl

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just blew through that step by uploading my existing ID card and told our guide I would not be requesting any policy changes until I had an effective date to give my agent.
I read the verbiage about the image of the insurance card _having_ to have the R1T's VIN on it and that it was required to be insured to proceed. Based on all of that, it seemed dicey/risky to potentially stuff up the process by not complying.

Once I scheduled, I sent the request to my agent who set the change effective to my delivery date, and emailed the updated proof of insurance to our guide.
I actually _called_ my guide and left a message asking for a return call and/or email about how/if I could avoid this step until I could get an actual confirmed delivery date. But, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread, my guide is kinda trash at the job. So after a few days w/no response, I made the command decision to comply fully.

I also gave them feedback on the process that asking for insurance at that step was premature. I think some of it is an idiosyncrasy of it being an IL transaction -- in WA, my carrier is required to cover my new car effective upon purchase and I have 30 days to tell my carrier I bought it.
I would imagine something like that should be WA insurance code, so it likely applies to AllState as well, but my agent didn't advise me on that. One interesting outcome w/the insurance quote process is that the Rivian/Nationwide 'special' tailor-made super blasto-jammo low rate insurance is _really_ expensive. Very close to what I pay for quite a bit more comprehensive and increases coverage levels on my Model X. It turns out the R1T is $441/6months _less_ than the X.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I actually _called_ my guide and left a message asking for a return call and/or email about how/if I could avoid this step until I could get an actual confirmed delivery date. But, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread, my guide is kinda trash at the job. So after a few days w/no response, I made the command decision to comply fully.
"Command decision," lol. That's what Command's say to take credit after the Chief's Mess has said "What the hell are you doing?!" for a week straight.

Don't let an extra $30 of insurance premiums hold you back another month, just get the damn insurance. Jeeze.
Sponsored