Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Has anyone used a single jack at the suspension to get jack stands under the lift points? Or do you lift from lift points and use jack stands under the suspension?

I made this diagram, is A or B correct, or neither?
Rivian R1T R1S JackStands with Rivian 1707333755869
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I always do A, without jackstands for doing tires. You need a jack capable of lifting high enough though.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Excellent drawing! When I first had custom wheels built for the Rivian (almost 2 years ago), I had to figure a way to do what you seem to be referencing to, as well, rotate tires. That was when I developed our magnetic jack pucks.

What I do is use either our regular magnetic jack pucks or our XL (high lift) version inserted into the front left and right rear ports. I then use two high lift floor jacks (you could use a 10T bottle jack and my XL pucks as well) and lift the entire vehicle off the ground and insert two jack stands in the open locations. I do it this way because I want to avoid a control arm lift of the vehicle (just my preference). I can do anything at that point with the two jack stands in place.

The jack stands I use are compatible with my magnetic jack pucks, so it's a clean lift of the entire vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S JackStands with Rivian 20231007_084053

Rivian R1T R1S JackStands with Rivian 20230504_122850

Last edited:
OP
OP
kozak79

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Has anyone tried raising the suspension to highest, setting up jack stands, then lowering suspension? Would that work for tire rotation?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

brilliant! i would think it'd work as long as the wheels still do not touch the ground but im no expert so maybe some SMEs could chime in.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Excellent drawing! When I first had custom wheels built for the Rivian (almost 2 years ago), I had to figure a way to do what you seem to be referencing to, as well, rotate tires. That was when I developed our magnetic jack pucks.

What I do is use either our regular magnetic jack pucks or our XL (high lift) version inserted into the front left and right rear ports. I then use two high lift floor jacks (you could use a 10T bottle jack and my XL pucks as well) and lift the entire vehicle off the ground and insert two jack stands in the open locations. I do it this way because I want to avoid a control arm lift of the vehicle (just my preference). I can do anything at that point with the two jack stands in place.

The jack stands I use are compatible with my magnetic jack pucks, so it's a clean lift of the entire vehicle.

20231007_084053.jpg

20230504_122850.jpg
Are these the jack stands you use?
https://a.co/d/2xOtI6G

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Has anyone tried raising the suspension to highest, setting up jack stands, then lowering suspension? Would that work for tire rotation?
No, the truck lowers with gravity by letting air out. If you wedge it, it'll just stop, not retract.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

If tall enough, these ESCO stands are well regarded. https://a.co/d/2EicR2c
Those are nice as well, I just went with the extra tonnage. I recommend the 10T Bottle Jack for our jack pucks as well and people say, 6T is enough. Technically, they are right, but when I compared 10 different bottle jacks of various tonnage, the ease of use of the 10T over a 4,6 or 8T bottle jack was apparent. Easy enough a 12 year old could lift a Rivian.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone used a single jack at the suspension to get jack stands under the lift points? Or do you lift from lift points and use jack stands under the suspension?

I made this diagram, is A or B correct, or neither?
1707333755869.png
where is this image from?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

where is this image from?
great question. its not in the R1T/R1S manual, R1 tire service manual, or R1 tow operators guide.

could this from a Rivian service center manual that customers don't have access to?
Sponsored