Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

In most cars, the interior lights have a switch for off, on when doors open, or on. It doesn't matter what gear that the vehicle is in, the switch controls the lights from the sensors in the doors. I noticed with Rivian, the lights don't come on when a door is opened and it is still in drive. The lights will come on if it is in park or if I press the button on the screen, but it doesn't come on automatically if I'm stopped (holdiing) and the door is opened. Anyone find a way to get the lights to come on? It's annoying to have to put it in park to let someone in/out of the car and for them to be able to see in the dark.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
If you are stopped (holding), then open a door, your Rivian automatically goes into Park, right? Then the lights come on?

OP
OP
DeanB1452

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

If you are stopped (holding), then open a door, your Rivian automatically goes into Park, right? Then the lights come on?
For the driver door, that is correct. It goes into park and the lights come on. But when any of the other doors are opened, it does not come on. So if I pull up to the curb to pick up my son after work, while on hold or pressing the brake, he opens the door and no lights come on as he is getting into the vehicle.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I noticed a similar issue but in a different situation. The car is parked in the garage and has been there for some time. I want to get something in the back seat. I go to the car and open the rear door. The lights do not turn on. I wait a few seconds and they remain off. I’d need to open the driver’s door and then all the lights turn on.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I noticed a similar issue but in a different situation. The car is parked in the garage and has been there for some time. I want to get something in the back seat. I go to the car and open the rear door. The lights do not turn on. I wait a few seconds and they remain off. I’d need to open the driver’s door and then all the lights turn on.
I've noticed this for the gear tunnel. Vehicle is in park and has been off for some time. I open the gear tunnel door with the app to get some tools and the lights inside stay off. Would be nice if they turned on whenever the door opened. Hopefully this type of feature can be configured by software at some point in the future. 😊
Sponsored