Sponsored

Interesting interaction with Rivian CS today - delivery window feature in account seems to be on track

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

so i went online to chat with CS today. i got connected but then our session got cut-off because i was having internet issues. tried again about 10 min later, unfortunately same thing happened. a couple of hours later i was driving home and i get a call from Rivian CS. the person on the phone says they see i tried to chat with CS and was unable to and wanted to see if i have any questions.

first off, that was amazing that they called. thats top notch customer support. kudos to Rivian as ive been critical of CS before.

before i could ask the question i wanted to, he says he's looking at my account and sees that im getting "close to delivery". i was like what? are you sure, what does that mean? he says Rivian is batching builds and looks like i could possibly be in the next batch.

for background, i ordered an R1S 2020 of September. my last window was 1H 2023. then i switched to an R1T earlier this year. i had access to the R1 Shop but never pulled the trigger. in August of this year, i switched back to the R1S but have had no idea what my delivery window might be with the switching. i figured i probably slipped past the previous 1H 2023 window and would find out end of October when they add the feature to our accounts that will show estimated delivery.

i then asked, do you think i might get it before the end of the year? he back tracked a little and said he can't be sure but its very possible its in the next batch or possibly the one after that.

based on the way he was talking, it makes me wonder if he already has access to a version of the feature and could see it in my account. that bodes well for it coming out at the end of this month if its true.

i told him i chatted with my Guide a couple of days ago and she didnt seem to know when my delivery window was so i was surprised he had more info than my Guide. i could tell he was surprised by that so not sure what to make of it.

anyway, thought id share. let the speculation begin. it has for me already.
Sponsored

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Last chat I had with CS, the rep said the delivery estimate tool was nothing more than your current delivery window showing in your account.

I took it with a bunch of salt, just like this current conversation.

BTW, congrats op! 2020 reservation and you already have a guide! No such luck here.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Last chat I had with CS, the rep said the delivery estimate tool was nothing more than your current delivery window showing in your account.

I took it with a bunch of salt, just like this current conversation.

BTW, congrats op! 2020 reservation and you already have a guide! No such luck here.
Sure, but those delivery windows have gotten a lot more accurate and meaningful over the last few months. Naturally, as their production planning has matured and they have more visibility and confidence in the upcoming batches and how quickly they can continue to ramp. I just hope they can and will do better than 6 month windows for those of us due next year.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
I like your optimism, but I believe somewhere in the last round of info it said that your new delivery window would be based on your configuration as of October 16. You know there are tons of reservation holders shuffling around wheels, colors, shield/no shield, changing delivery location, etc. to try and get into an upcoming production batch. Even if CS is seeing something now, I would imagine there's going to be a huge data analysis between October 16 and 31 and any current estimate that CS may have won't necessarily be the same at the end of October.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

My perspective is bit different than the most here. Since this forum is comprised mostly of Rivian enthusiasts, retention rate is very hight. Still, there have been many forum members that have chose alternative vehicle while waiting.

The point I am making this that the forum population represent a small percentage of the total preorder group. As a whole, I would guess that many have made alternative choice and the original backlog mix have declined decent amount.

On top of that, all Canadian orders are not being delivered, geographical priority by Rivian, and around 12K vehicles have been delivered already. So its not all surprising that your number is about to come up as production is increasing.

Good luck!

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

My perspective is bit different than the most here. Since this forum is comprised mostly of Rivian enthusiasts, retention rate is very hight. Still, there have been many forum members that have chose alternative vehicle while waiting.

The point I am making this that the forum population represent a small percentage of the total preorder group. As a whole, I would guess that many have made alternative choice and the original backlog mix have declined decent amount.

On top of that, all Canadian orders are not being delivered, geographical priority by Rivian, and around 12K vehicles have been delivered already. So its not all surprising that your number is about to come up as production is increasing.

Good luck!
I agree with the fact that any enthusiast forums always represent a skewed POV - it's always going to represent a small portion of the actual population of customers - we know there are probably 100k reservations or so at this point, and yet I suspect even between here AND Rivian Stories you don't even have representation of 10% (10k) of that. And that might be people who have "joined" but look at how many people are actually ACTIVE - those are the "voices" you hear - there's a SMALL vocal group of core people posting and that's really it.

Nothing really to add to the delivery window convo, I know, but I just feel like emphasizing this point is valuable. Whatever "our" experience is, it may not reflect what and how "most" Rivian customers experience.

That being said - I also will put in a vote for hoping the delivery windows when they do show up are in a narrower window than 6 months - even 3 months would be great, 1-2 would be amazing.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I agree with the fact that any enthusiast forums always represent a skewed POV - it's always going to represent a small portion of the actual population of customers - we know there are probably 100k reservations or so at this point, and yet I suspect even between here AND Rivian Stories you don't even have representation of 10% (10k) of that. And that might be people who have "joined" but look at how many people are actually ACTIVE - those are the "voices" you hear - there's a SMALL vocal group of core people posting and that's really it.

Nothing really to add to the delivery window convo, I know, but I just feel like emphasizing this point is valuable. Whatever "our" experience is, it may not reflect what and how "most" Rivian customers experience.

That being said - I also will put in a vote for hoping the delivery windows when they do show up are in a narrower window than 6 months - even 3 months would be great, 1-2 would be amazing.
I would expect delivery windows in two month increments for 1H 223 since they did that back from last December for most of this years planned deliveries. They should have a good idea of first half production by now knowing how the ramp is going, supply chain etc. We will see.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I would expect delivery windows in two month increments for 1H 223 since they did that back from last December for most of this years planned deliveries. They should have a good idea of first half production by now knowing how the ramp is going, supply chain etc. We will see.
I've gotten nothing beyond "1H 2023" at this point - I'd be thrilled with an actual 2 month window

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I just received my R1T "confirm your confirmation" e-mail about an hour ago.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I ordered a Lightning and R1T and accepted delivery of the Lightning last month. I'm in the process of selling it on Bring-a-Trailer and will be listed soon so I can use the proceeds to purchase an R1T.

I can take advantage of the Lightning's $7500 Federal tax credit and want to delay my R1T purchase until until early 2023 for Federal tax credit purposes.

I plan on contacting my Guide soon and have a conversation regarding this.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I ordered a Lightning and R1T and accepted delivery of the Lightning last month. I'm in the process of selling it on Bring-a-Trailer and will be listed soon so I can use the proceeds to purchase an R1T.

I can take advantage of the Lightning's $7500 Federal tax credit and want to delay my R1T purchase until until early 2023 for Federal tax credit purposes.

I cannot recall exactly how long but there was/is a ownership period to qualify for the current tax credit. You may want to check that if you haven't already....

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I cannot recall exactly how long but there was/is a ownership period to qualify for the current tax credit. You may want to check that if you haven't already....
Technically, there is no explicit time period. You just can't came the credit if you bought with the intent of reselling.
That said, if you get audited, it would be easier to show that you had no intent to flip if you put a number of miles on it or several months lapse prior to selling.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian said the "lock" date for their new system for build estimation is October 16th. We're not there yet. I wouldn't expect what you're expecting the CS rep to know.

2020 is still "pretty early" in the reservation timeline. A lot of early reservations switched to the R1T to get their vehicle sooner. Rivian has been saying 4-6 weeks for delivery after they confirm your vehicle. 6 weeks is almost december, which is practically 1H23.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

just keep changing your config, that should do the trick of delaying delivery

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The email that was an update to say when there would be an update said they’ll use configuration information as of october 16th to determine delivery estimates, so they’re probably running the report that generates it weekly, at start or end of week…depending on what they consider sundays.

Since customers get Visibility at end of the month, it is logical that customer service has this feature internally already.
Sponsored