Sponsored

Installing Running Boards in Eastern Massachusetts?

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I’m looking to have running boards installed professionally. Any suggestions on where to go in Eastern Massachusetts?

I have short people in my family, too short even for kneeling mod. At first they laughed at me for getting a truck. Now I’m their errand boy. I need something my short family (and elderly family) members can use to get up into the truck. I wouldn’t be so inclined to take on the expense but one of these short people is my wife (another one is her mother… so I’m not messing around here).
Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

If you have reason to come up to Maine, Parry Motors in Portland did mine, and did a great job.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If there are any 4x4 specialty shops that sell, install accessories near you, they would be your best bet. Around here they usually do tinting, sell fiberglass caps, wheels, tires, suspensions stuff along with sliders and running boards.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

If you have reason to come up to Maine, Parry Motors in Portland did mine, and did a great job.
What did u get for running board? Approximately how much did it cost for them to install it?

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

What did u get for running board? Approximately how much did it cost for them to install it?
The weistec/dce sliders. I don’t remember what the charge was to install, I think it was 1-2 hours, but I was having them do a few things (Tires, rack install)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brookliner

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

The weistec/dce sliders. I don’t remember what the charge was to install, I think it was 1-2 hours, but I was having them do a few things (Tires, rack install)
I’m in Portland pretty regularly. Tell me about your process with them? Did you have the running boards before hand? Can you send pictures?

Thanks

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I’m in Portland pretty regularly. Tell me about your process with them? Did you have the running boards before hand? Can you send pictures?
Photos:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/swhmes-r1t-build-journal.16091/

I've worked with Chris Parry (Parry Motors) on my Toyotas for years-- just call them, ask for Chris (he's the owner), and tell him that you've got a Rivian and Sam said you might be able to help him with getting sliders or running boards installed. I had them shipped directly to his shop. He's a big off-road guy, and does top-notch work.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Im not handy but my family members are 5' so I needed it and installed the 1EV ones myself on my R1T. It wasnt that bad but it takes a while to do. I saw the 1EV folks offering to install for $199 but they're nowhere near MA. For $199 its a no brainer if you can find someone. Not sure where that crossover point is but between cutting into the plastic part of the truck and not knowing anywhere nearby that did it I just bit the bullet and watched youtube videos and went carefully.

RandomMcRandomFace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, R1S
Bumping this. I need to find an installer (Boston area) before I do something stupid like try to install myself. . . Anyone have success (south of Portland)?

Edbell

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Business owner
I just took mine off a few days ago and they are for sale $500. Rmaxx Triple slot. Paid $1200
413 478-1333

Sponsored

Edbell

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
sold the truck dealer said they would not pay extra for them so I am selling on my own I also have rivian level 2 charger, jack pucks and all weather mats for sale

Edbell

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
They are super solid and prevent door dings
Sponsored