Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Any thoughts on the related Kia EV6 vs the Hyundai Ioniq?

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Is there a link so we can view this after-the-fact? Hopefully they will start to build a list of FAQs and answers based on the sessions.

I didn’t see anything about this in advance but I reserved one via my husband’s email address since he is the one who needs a commuter car. The Ioniq 5 addresses all our wishlist items from when we drove a Model Y, at least on paper. I’m very curious to see more info and actually view one in person.

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Is there a link so we can view this after-the-fact? Hopefully they will start to build a list of FAQs and answers based on the sessions.
She mentioned they would be doing another live Q&A next week.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
It’s actually all week, there’s going be a different person doing it every day so there will be another one tomorrow. This is what I want to see from Rivian, actually, every automaker could take a page from this. This is how to interact with your customer base

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This was simply outstanding, asked 2 questions and got direct answers.

1622660472355.png
Yes, it was very impressive. Even though she couldn’t answer everything she answered about 85% of what I asked. Very informative and gave me an overview of what I wanted to know. Hyundai is really raising the bar

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Any thoughts on the related Kia EV6 vs the Hyundai Ioniq?
We are planning to reserve an EV6, too, just in case the Ioniq 5 ends up not working as well in person as it does in pictures. If the Ioniq 5 looks good then I’ll cancel the EV6 reservation. If something eliminates the Ioniq 5 then I’ll cancel that reservation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

I didn’t see anything about this in advance but I reserved one via my husband’s email address since he is the one who needs a commuter car. The Ioniq 5 addresses all our wishlist items from when we drove a Model Y, at least on paper. I’m very curious to see more info and actually view one in person.
I don’t believe so, but you will have an opportunity to ask questions every day until June 10th, it’s on their main website Hyundai.com that they are doing this live Q&A.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I appreciate that but if they are all during business hours I hope they give working people a way to view later. Otherwise I may have to reschedule my lunch to coincide with the next session. :)

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Just watched one of the interactive sessions and had a few questions answered. Very impressive presentation. Questions were answered within about a minute or two. Iasked about rear seats folding flat (they do) and plug and charge partnerships (yes with electrify america including 2 years of free charging!).
Looks like they are hosting several of these each day for a while I highly recommend.
Hopefully Rivian is taking some notes here.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hopefully Rivian is taking some notes here.

I am sure they will plan something like this, I genuinely think the timeline we are expecting VS the timeline Rivian has are on 2 different paths and positions on that timeline.

If in fact they are releasing material for users to read in July and financing options a month before I believe we are in fact looking at a target date at September/October/November. I think they don't want to disappoint so every month they push back starting in July. I have seen 0 indication otherwise proving this information wrong.
Sponsored