HVAC after most recent update

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
I’m having HVAC issues, seemingly after the most recent update. I have had the truck since March 2022 and have had no issues. But recently the heat is only lukewarm and worse the A/C is also lukewarm. I have tried recirculate, rear climate off and on, initiating from defrost, initiating from the app, and nothing seems to work.

We drove 600 miles over the weekend in 70 degree weather and we were all sweating no matter the HVAC setting. The vent air seemed to be cooler than the A/C. The fact that the defrost/defogger isn’t working well caused vision issues on our trip. Just tested the heat in 55 degrees, and can’t get the cabin temp over 73. Not uncomfortable, but the heat is only lukewarm.

We live 5 hours from a service center. Wondering if anyone has had any luck resolving similar issues remotely or with a mobile tech?
Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I can’t speak to your specific situation, but miraculously, after I filed a ticket for my HVAC being erratic and blowing cold air on me when it’s not supposed to, the truck started working (almost) properly. I still have an appt for March 16 so we’ll see what happens.

Are you able to “force” it hot or cold? In other words, turn it up to Hi or down to Lo and verify the heating and cooling actually function? If those work, then you may be in a much better position for a s/w fix.

Definitely file a ticket and see if they can get a mobile tech out. Your situation sounds more dire than mine.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’m having HVAC issues, seemingly after the most recent update. I have had the truck since March 2022 and have had no issues. But recently the heat is only lukewarm and worse the A/C is also lukewarm. I have tried recirculate, rear climate off and on, initiating from defrost, initiating from the app, and nothing seems to work.
Mine has occasionally been wonky since the last update where I don't remember it having any problems before. Weather has been different though.

Seems like if I turn the heat icon off and back on and then auto mode again, it stops being wonky. Haven't tested it for a really long trip yet though.

OP
OP

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
I can’t speak to your specific situation, but miraculously, after I filed a ticket for my HVAC being erratic and blowing cold air on me when it’s not supposed to, the truck started working (almost) properly. I still have an appt for March 16 so we’ll see what happens.

Are you able to “force” it hot or cold? In other words, turn it up to Hi or down to Lo and verify the heating and cooling actually function? If those work, then you may be in a much better position for a s/w fix.

Definitely file a ticket and see if they can get a mobile tech out. Your situation sounds more dire than mine.
I have tried forcing it (Hi/Lo). I have tried a soft reset and a hard reset. Nothing seems to make a difference. I have filed a ticket. But I’ll give them a call again today now that I have more info. Maybe the defrost/defogger issue will convince them the issue is important.

mk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3
I find turning climate off completely and then back on helps for me when it doesn’t feel like it is working right. I have also found times when auto is switched off, so I turn it back on and that fixes it.

Sponsored

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

We drove 600 miles over the weekend in 70 degree weather and we were all sweating no matter the HVAC setting. The vent air seemed to be cooler than the A/C. The fact that the defrost/defogger isn’t working well caused vision issues on our trip. Just tested the heat in 55 degrees, and can’t get the cabin temp over 73. Not uncomfortable, but the heat is only lukewarm.

We live 5 hours from a service center. Wondering if anyone has had any luck resolving similar issues remotely or with a mobile tech?
I reported this in the app and was told on the phone that this is a known software bug in the last release that will cause problems if you don’t have the rear vents on. I turned them on and my problem was solved.

Supposedly they’re working in a fix so you don’t need to keep the rear vents on. but hopefully this work-around works for you in the meantime!

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
My Aircon also went mental after the update; wouldn't let me sync or adjust the temp and kept shooting up to crazy hot.

Did a soft reset using the outer buttons on the wheel and all now working just fine.

Deleted member 7086

Prior to the most recent update had my R1T in the SC for this and some other items. They could not figure out how to fix it and concluded it was most likely a software problem which hopefully would be solved in a future update if enough people complained.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
I'm getting this same behavior the last two days, also noticed when I first start up my truck it complains that it's cold and performance/Regen are limited until the vehicle heats up (today it was nearly 60F outside) I've driven in far colder conditions and never got this message, I've also noticed my range efficiency is horrible right now.. in conserve driving moderately in the city today it was struggling to achieve 1.5kwh and in all purpose it was reporting 0.75kwh I even tried shutting off HVAC for a bit and it was still reporting this..

I haven't seen any of these problems until the last two days.. really strange, I'm hoping whatever software gremlin got introduced decides to move along soon.. just got my truck back from service for many unrelated things last week.. my girlfriend will lose her shit if I have to take it back again this soon.. (bad enough I got the recall notice)
Sponsored