Sponsored

How Long Can I Delay the 8-Steps?

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Just found an R1T in the shop that meets my requirements…but in 9 days I’m leaving the country for 3 weeks. Not totally sure I’d get through the financing (only 7 business days) since some of the credit unions are slow. But even if I did, no way I’d want delivery before the trip. If I accept the truck is Rivian going to have any concern delaying delivery?

I would ask my guide, but I have no guide…
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Just found an R1T in the shop that meets my requirements…but in 9 days I’m leaving the country for 3 weeks. Not totally sure I’d get through the financing (only 7 business days) since some of the credit unions are slow. But even if I did, no way I’d want delivery before the trip. If I accept the truck is Rivian going to have any concern delaying delivery?

You should be assigned a guide within a day or two. You can check in your account in the Help area to see if one has been assigned but not contacted you. That’s what happened to me the day after I picked our R1S in the shop.

I think other people have delayed because of travel so I doubt this will be an issue. Oh, and congratulations!

edit: more detail
In the mobile app, go to the account area (person icon in lower left) then tap “Ask us anything” and hopefully you’ll see a guide at the bottom with options to text or call. Just tap one of those and introduce yourself.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
If the vehicle in the Shop is still in Normal, then it can take 5 weeks to get the car to you. But, the car could be a local service center too.

you can request to be unmatched from the vehicle later if you cannot take delivery, so there’s that option too

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
They might unmatch the vehicle to you if u can’t pick it up by end of June since it’s qtr end.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

They might unmatch the vehicle to you if u can’t pick it up by end of June since it’s qtr end.
That’s a great point! I forgot about the end of quarter push.

Sponsored

eaa56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, ecoDiesel, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Retired
I was in the exact same situation before I received my R1T. My guide let me know that the Phoenix service center could hold the truck for me for a week to 10 days, then it would go to another reservation holder (not sure how that worked with the way I spec'd it out - probably put it into the Rivian Store). But long story short... I went on my trip, and when I returned, the truck had been assigned to someone else. I then asked my guide if I could be granted access to the Rivian Store and was able to find a truck to my liking in just a matter of days.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I was in the exact same situation before I received my R1T. My guide let me know that the Phoenix service center could hold the truck for me for a week to 10 days, then it would go to another reservation holder (not sure how that worked with the way I spec'd it out - probably put it into the Rivian Store). But long story short... I went on my trip, and when I returned, the truck had been assigned to someone else. I then asked my guide if I could be granted access to the Rivian Store and was able to find a truck to my liking in just a matter of days.
Did you pick yours from the store originally though and then it was given away, then they granted you store access again?

I'm trying to get financing, I picked it from the store and the guide said I have 2 weeks but need to stay in contact or it's gone.

eaa56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, ecoDiesel, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Retired
Did you pick yours from the store originally though and then it was given away, then they granted you store access again?

I'm trying to get financing, I picked it from the store and the guide said I have 2 weeks but need to stay in contact or it's gone.
Originally, Rivian had a match for my configuration and was ready to deliver, but just a few days after I was scheduled to leave for our trip overseas. It was after we returned that I learned that my R1T was not available to me anymore. That was when I reached out to my Guide and asked for access to the Rivian Store.

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Thanks for everyone’s advice and input. I accepted an R1T from the shop on Friday, and based on the emails and a text from the SC I expect the truck will be ready pretty quickly…which is going to be a problem due to my trip. Hopefully I’ll get a guide contact today or tomorrow for more clarity.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
I'm now facing a similar situation. Ideally I need to delay until later in the summer. Not sure how much luck I'm going to have with that now after reading this. So I'm nervous about possibly losing shop access if this one falls through.

Btw can I ask what vin you got? I'm 252xx

Sponsored

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner

I'm in the same boat. I just emailed my guide saying I won't be able to pick up the vehicle until after the first week of July. As much as I really want to take delivery, I don't want to lose my 7 day return period. If it goes while I'm away then it wasn't ment to be. As my friend says, they'll be another train coming to the station.

je20

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I am/was in same situation. Currently out of country, had ordered via Shop and delivery was scheduled for a few weeks before I return. I went through support link in app and contacted Rivian. They were very nice and relayed info to my guide. I was told they can hold up to 7 days or have a "trusted contact" pick it up, but only if I don't have a trade in and I am the only person on registration.

I told them to unmatch my VIN because I won't be back in time and I do have a trade in. They agreed to let me continue because I will be back just after original date. They were both extremely nice to work with and understanding. Also, its end of quarter push so I am imagine they are trying to get vehicles delivered as fast as possible.

Ideally I need to delay until later in the summer. Not sure how much luck I'm going to have with that now after reading this.
I don't think that will be possible. That would require them to hold ~$100k vehicle in their inventory and provide storage for that vehicle. If I was in your shoes (and I was), I would release the VIN after you confirm you can get Shop access again. Committing to Rivian you will order when you know you will be around and able to pay for a month after placing a new Shop order. I wouldn't want a new vehicle sitting on a lot for a few months in summer anyways.

As my friend says, they'll be another train coming to the station.
I like that.

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I still never got a guide, but the SC started bugging me to schedule delivery already. After Rivian missed two delivery window's on my original order, they now decide to be timely. Picked from show Friday afternoon, vehicle arrived at SC today and the wanted to delivery it to my house Monday...10 days form selection. I just went ahead and told them to unmatch it, with the bank holiday yesterday, no chance I'll have the loan done in time, and then I'm out for 2+ weeks.

Hopefully I'll still get shop access after the un-match, and ideally a guide. But I have my doubts.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am currently in a somewhat similar situation in that I would prefer to postpone delivery until Nov/Dec. For those of you that got your assigned VIN unmatched, was it pretty quick to get a new VIN if you ended up not getting one from the shop? I don't want to risk delaying delivery into 2024 because I worry about losing out on the tax credit ($7.5K). Thanks.

GR
Sponsored