Sponsored

How do I find operable magic dock tesla chargers?

caleb.johns

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Y
On west coast road trip from Seattle to DSan Diego and back and would be helpful to know where (if any) tesla superchargers have been retrofitted with the magic dock ... did a search while actually driving and couldn't find what I was looking for -- anyone know of an up to date list somewhere?
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Should be in the Rivian app as well.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They are also easy to find on their website and should be in the Rivian NAV/app.

FWIW probably not much help on that route unless you go to the Bay area or Placerville east of Sacramento but with RAN in Sacramento and Manteca I can't see them being that useful.

OP
OP

caleb.johns

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Y
Tried the app (wife has a model Y so already have that loaded) and the tesla website and couldn't find anything useful ... they show the entire network but can't seem to get results for just magic dock chargers...maybe because none exist on the west coast yet??

Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Install the Tesla app and without a Tesla vehicle it will show you the compatible chargers.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Looking at the Tesla App, there are only three on the West Coast. Eastern OR, Placerville, CA, and Santa Cruz, CA. Both of which are a good drive away from the 5 if you're going down the coast.

I'm planning a trip from the Bay Area to Tacoma, and there's currently RAN chargers along the 5route:
Portland Area
Roseburg, OR
Mt. Shasta, CA
Sacramento, CA
Modesto (this is only about 40 miles south of Sacramento).

ABRP is your best bet for planning a trip as it recommended the three north of the Bay Area for me.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Install the Tesla app and without a Tesla vehicle it will show you the compatible chargers.
In the Tesla app, tap your profile icon in the upper firing hand corner, then scroll the tiles to the left, then select Charge your Non Tesla. There aren't that many Magic Dock locations in California. Just in Santa Cruz and Placerville

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I had no issue using the Tesla app to find them last month on my trip out of town.

OP
OP

caleb.johns

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Y
Thanks for all this input, super helpful! I think I had problems with the tesla app because I already have a tesla vehicle associated with it...
Sponsored