First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Musk is the only reason you're even driving an EV. Maybe retract the claws a little.
Agreed. I most admire him being the first to discover fire, circumnavigate the globe and then inventing electricity and modern democracy.

The entire world would not exist without Elon and we should all worship the kids he drops off at the pool each morning after his cup of coffee.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
If Chinese EVs land here without US government’s hefty tariffs, the only US auto company remaining will be Tesla. Nobody else has the engineering efficiency and cost structure to compete. It’s time to face the data and facts, and stop the blind hate

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If Chinese EVs land here without US government’s hefty tariffs, the only US auto company remaining will be Tesla. Nobody else has the engineering efficiency and cost structure to compete. It’s time to face the data and facts, and stop the blind hate
Why would we hate blind people? Also Chinese cars already face tariffs.

Lets stop all the cult Elon worship... seriously he's not a good human being.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That is delusional. Tesla sells less than half of what BYD does and VW is the only other non-Chinese company in the top 10 in China. Tesla would be toast along with everyone else.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not sure Tesla would survive that, they are having their own issues trying to hold a small share of the Chinese market that seems to get smaller each year.

The entire world has a difficult time competing with Chinese manufacturing. Not because it is vastly superior to the rest of the world but because the lack of worker rights, environmental regulations, and the Chinese government manipulating their currency compared to the rest of the world making it impossible to compete on a cost basis.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
No reason to worship, call consumers cult members, or denigrate a person you only know from the mainstream media. Let’s Just stick to facts and figure, and projected numbers, celebrate removal of CO2, and root for innovations in engineering.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
That is delusional. Tesla sells less than half of what BYD does and VW is the only other non-Chinese company in the top 10 in China. Tesla would be toast along with everyone else.
Look who is delusional?
Tell who is likely to survive?
Rivian R1T R1S Here we go again - Solid State Batteries "just around the corner" IMG_0311

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Look who is delusional?
Tell who is likely to survive?
IMG_0311.png
You know those are not current numbers, which is probably why you shared a screenshot from a tweet vs. something real. Tesla’s profit per vehicle has slipped to around $4200/ vehicle, which is still best in the world but BYD will achieve the same in the next couple years. BYD is at approx $1750/ vehicle. One company is on the way up and one is headed down.

OP
OP
Zoidz

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
No reason to worship, call consumers cult members, or denigrate a person you only know from the mainstream media.
I was trying to stay out of this Musk discussion, but your comment defies common sense. Assuming I understand your comment, you're saying that we don't know the real Elon Musk, all we know is what mainstream media painted?

I used look favorably at Musk. But in the past 3-4 years, he has done so many things that have caused me to lose respect for him. Things that I saw, heard or read directly from him on Twitter/X, Live Streams, etc. Not from mainstream media. He has and continues to do things that are "unbecoming of a CEO" which damage his companies and erodes shareholder confidence. You don't need mainstream media to recognize that.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was trying to stay out of this Musk discussion, but your comment defies common sense. Assuming I understand your comment, you're saying that we don't know the real Elon Musk, all we know is what mainstream media painted?

I used look favorably at Musk. But in the past 3-4 years, he has done so many things that have caused me to lose respect for him. Things that I saw, heard or read directly from him on Twitter/X, Live Streams, etc. Not from mainstream media. He has and continues to do things that are "unbecoming of a CEO" which damage his companies and erodes shareholder confidence. You don't need mainstream media to recognize that.
And those are FACTS!

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
You know those are not current numbers, which is probably why you shared a screenshot from a tweet vs. something real. Tesla’s profit per vehicle has slipped to around $4200/ vehicle, which is still best in the world but BYD will achieve the same in the next couple years. BYD is at approx $1750/ vehicle. One company is on the way up and one is headed down.
Btw l am an early investor in BYD, and I believe BYD will be the most dominant “car” manufacturer in the world, and poses the greatest threat to the US auto industry. As of today, Tesla still leads BYD by wide margin in profit margin despite Chinese Government’s heavy subsidies. In China, Tesla still has the highest brand recognition. Having both the Highest profit margin with the highest brand prestige is a very good place to be. Let’s stick to the facts.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
And those are FACTS!
Do you know he has Asperger syndrome and struggles with severe depression, and confessed to taking Ketamine? Do these facts make your feeling about Elon different? I am a retired physician, and perhaps I look at people differently. Judging people without knowing fully will cause many mistakes in life.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Btw l am an early investor in BYD, and I believe BYD will be the most dominant “car” manufacturer in the world, and poses the greatest threat to the US auto industry. As of today, Tesla still leads BYD by wide margin in profit margin despite Chinese Government’s heavy subsidies. In China, Tesla still has the highest brand recognition. Having both the Highest profit margin with the highest brand prestige is a very good place to be. Let’s stick to the facts.
I think you are correct about BYD, but you are incorrect about Tesla in China. Combining ICE/ EV sales they don’t even appear in the top 10 in sales. This is for Q4 2023:

Rivian R1T R1S Here we go again - Solid State Batteries "just around the corner" 1711682770457-p6

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Do you know he has Asperger syndrome and struggles with severe depression, and confessed to taking Ketamine? Do these facts make your feeling about Elon different? I am a retired physician, and perhaps I look at people differently. Judging people without knowing fully will cause many mistakes in life.
None of the things you offered as excuses make it ok to behave the way he does. I hire many people with Asperger’s because they are often wonderful with animals and none of them act like he does. He alone is accountable for his behavior.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.