First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
As my first fully BEV one of my first questions will be "What is the maintenance schedule?" aside from wiper blades, cabin air filter, washer fluid. I'm wondering are their any other air filters to replace? coolant? lube points? is the 12V battery the maintenance free variety? My Honda indicated flushing and replacing the brake and power steering fluid at 8 years or 100K miles. I'm not even sure if the R1's have power steering fluid. I'm assuming any fans or pumps are direct drive without any belts.
Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm not even sure if the R1's have power steering fluid.
They don’t. Driver assistance that moves the steering wheel requires electric power steering. Even gas cars are getting away from hydraulic power steering.

I'm assuming any fans or pumps are direct drive without any belts.
No belts either. You’ll have brake fluid and coolant, and gear reduction lubrication. I think the first two are the only ones that will require changing, and not very often.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
As my first fully BEV one of my first questions will be "What is the maintenance schedule?" aside from wiper blades, cabin air filter, washer fluid. I'm wondering are their any other air filters to replace? coolant? lube points? is the 12V battery the maintenance free variety? My Honda indicated flushing and replacing the brake and power steering fluid at 8 years or 100K miles. I'm not even sure if the R1's have power steering fluid. I'm assuming any fans or pumps are direct drive without any belts.
Brake fluid should be replaced every 2-3 years. I doubt Honda said to go 8 years.

Rivian will have coolant for the battery management system, afaik. It's a sealed system and there's no combustion engine to gunk things up so it'll probably last many years.

Suspension will hopefully have some zerk fittings so we can grease the ball joints and bushings.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Gearhead500,

Your reference to the Oxford comma is the first one I’ve seen in years, dating back to an English class. ? That brings back some memories.
It’s a debate in Marketing circles. I’m told it’s not needed, but I make my team use it because I just like it. ?
Now I’m wondering if Rivian uses it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It’s a debate in Marketing circles. I’m told it’s not needed, but I make my team use it because I just like it. ?
Now I’m wondering if Rivian uses it.
I've always used it, never knew it was referred to an Oxford comma....

An interesting blurb about it's use

Unless you’re writing for a particular publication or drafting an essay for school, whether or not you use the Oxford comma is generally up to you. However, omitting it can sometimes cause some strange misunderstandings.

I love my parents, Lady Gaga and Humpty Dumpty.

Without the Oxford comma, the sentence above could be interpreted as stating that you love your parents, and your parents are Lady Gaga and Humpty Dumpty. Here’s the same sentence with the

Oxford comma:
I love my parents, Lady Gaga, and Humpty Dumpty.

Those who oppose the Oxford comma argue that rephrasing an already unclear sentence can solve the same problems that using the Oxford comma does. For example:

could be rewritten as:
I love Lady Gaga, Humpty Dumpty and my parents.

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce

Unless you’re writing for a particular publication or drafting an essay for school, whether or not you use the Oxford comma is generally up to you. However, omitting it can sometimes cause some strange misunderstandings.

Without the Oxford comma, the sentence above could be interpreted as stating that you love your parents, and your parents are Lady Gaga and Humpty Dumpty. Here’s the same sentence with the

Oxford comma:

Those who oppose the Oxford comma argue that rephrasing an already unclear sentence can solve the same problems that using the Oxford comma does. For example:

could be rewritten as:
So you’re saying I’m correct. Haha

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher

Oxford comma:

could be rewritten as:
We teach all our students about it and point out possible issues of not using it. Most kiddos notice very quickly how it is the safe bet in most situations.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Oxford comma:

could be rewritten as:
Or, I can state, "While I love Humpty Dumpty, and my parents, I dream about loving Lady Gaga." The Oxford comma may help to remove any questions about that statement, but it may fail to quell the concerns raised by it.

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Fair enough, but it’s still the question I am asked. I through in an Oxford comma for you. ?

Oxford comma:

could be rewritten as:
I generally use them.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So our leading forum members for earliest Guide contact are:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So our leading forum members for earliest Guide contact are:
I think @skyote is in line for an R1S, he may be a little delayed as R1Ts should be first contacts.

It will be good to see if they go more by date or by configured vehicle, then date...

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

My money's on KW (fellow Californian) :cool: