Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Yes I was very specific and asked him twice and he confirmed but we all know how well these guides are, will ask him for dimensions 🤔

Waiting for a "diagram" from guide showing how the 2nd row works. Hopefully that will give us Rivians definition of slide or tilt 😂
This diagram showing the latch system seems to confirm at least the seat backs are split 40/20/40 and there appears to be some sort of track or tilt system shown under the seat. I’m leaning towards a tilt set up based on diagram.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/attachments/rivian-r1s-2nd-row-child-seat-anchors-png.4991/
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I guess that means we won't have the grand reveal until after 5/11 as BS Crazy would be pretty on brand. Would anyone really be suprised if the grand reveal came after they had delivered 75 R1S's to people on this board.
I'd be surprised. Rivian's MO is to do the grand reveal, claim that deliveries have started and are ongoing (based on some internal definition of "delivery" and "ongoing" that doesn't include early preorders) but not actually ship product in any volume while at the same time telling the public that everything is going great.

The grand reveal that amounts to nothing is an integral part of their comms strategy, so why wouldn't they pull the same stunt with the May earnings call?

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Spare wheel: "compact spare tire" can be added but the wheel well does allow a normal wheel to be stored. Asked my guide to check if I can actually get a regular wheel instead of compact tire.
Neat! I'm very interested in what they come back to you with. I didn't think to ask my guide, but now I'm super interested. I'd love a full size spare!

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
Where are you located? Also 2 hours away

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S-LE preorder
Had a wonderful call with my guide, config locked and PBA signed within an hour. Mid-May delivery. Waiting for VIN assignment and requested for factory tour & pickup which is being done every month end itseems. Guide is from Normal and can see the manufacturing area.
Talked with my guide today, but didn't get much out of it. We locked in my config and he sent over the PBA a little later, which I signed. But I was never given a delivery window - even when I asked for a ballpark guess.

Sponsored

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Neat! I'm very interested in what they come back to you with. I didn't think to ask my guide, but now I'm super interested. I'd love a full size spare!
If a full-size spare were to fit, then why wouldn’t they offer it in the first place? Just doesn’t make sense. I think we’ll have to make do with the compact one.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S-LE preorder
Spare wheel: "compact spare tire" can be added but the wheel well does allow a normal wheel to be stored. Asked my guide to check if I can actually get a regular wheel instead of compact tire.
My understanding is that the space of the spare tire compartment makes a conventional full-size spare impossible. But the compact spare does inflate to full size. It's not like one of those space-saver spares that you may be used to.

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
My understanding is that the space of the spare tire compartment makes a conventional full-size spare impossible. But the compact spare does inflate to full size. It's not like one of those space-saver spares that you may be used to.
It will have to be the same diameter, for sure. They only questions are width (thus depth of well) and size of hub (which also impacts well dimensions)

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
If a full-size spare were to fit, then why wouldn’t they offer it in the first place? Just doesn’t make sense. I think we’ll have to make do with the compact one.
Agreed. Let’s just say I’m not holding my breath.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't understand why some guides are sending the PBA immediately while my guide said it wouldn't be sent until a VIN was assigned. There's no indication of a VIN associated with your PBA, is there?
The PBA is assigned when you are "soft matched" to a vehicle. They only reveal the vin to you once it's passed QC at the SC.

Sponsored

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
From my guide today…. last part cracked me up…

Good morning! The process for sending out PBA's changed after we had our first phone call. The teams on the back end are going back to those orders we confirmed to send out PBAs if you didn't already receive one. I would assume they will go out by the end of this week through next week.

You're welcome! I think the forums get more information than we do sometimes 😂

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Good morning! The process for sending out PBA's changed after we had our first phone call. The teams on the back end are going back to those orders we confirmed to send out PBAs if you didn't already receive one. I would assume they will go out by the end of this week through next week.

i appreciate this update. Look forward to my PBA. Excited, and further confused as to where the R1S is actually at in production.

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
Just thinking that the confusion about the 2nd row seats not sliding may have to do with the models that they offered with only two rows (5 Seater). They wouldn’t need to slide in that case. The seven seater (3row) would of course have to slide somewhat to access the last row seating. It was announce that all R1S will be three row configurations for now.

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
This diagram showing the latch system seems to confirm at least the seat backs are split 40/20/40 and there appears to be some sort of track or tilt system shown under the seat. I’m leaning towards a tilt set up based on diagram.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/attachments/rivian-r1s-2nd-row-child-seat-anchors-png.4991/
I went to the Hub in Venice the other day and was told the only real difference between the first two rows of R1S vs R1T is that the 2nd row slides in the R1S. He said this provides for flexibility of legroom for the 2nd and 3rd row, as well.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I went to the Hub in Venice the other day and was told the only real difference between the first two rows of R1S vs R1T is that the 2nd row slides in the R1S. He said this provides for flexibility of legroom for the 2nd and 3rd row, as well.
I really hope that is the case. Not offering captain chairs AND not having slide/tilt would be a huge mistake.
Sponsored