First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
I have sub 1k on my R1T and had a window trim piece separating and lifting. The front passenger door was starting to clip the trim when opening and closing so I used Gorilla Glue and a clamp to hold it down until mobile service arrives. I’m not surprised but a bit disappointed in the 1 month scheduling to get mobile service. They called me 3x to try to get me into the service center which is 90 min away. A big part of buying the Rivian was the mobile service. I hope they can get that part dialed in. I was expecting mfg quirks but I expect Rivian to fix them quickly. Overall, I love the R1T and driving an EV. It’s perfect for my area and driving needs.

Rivian R1T R1S Gorilla Glue and Clamps for my exterior window trim IMG_3761

Rivian R1T R1S Gorilla Glue and Clamps for my exterior window trim IMG_3760
Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

What is Rivian's proposed fix? Are they replacing the part? Or just gluing it back down?

Also, not to be snarky (from the amount of dust or pollen or whatever that is all over the vehicle), but have you ever washed it? -- wondering if maybe an automatic car wash might've knocked it loose?

OP
OP

Vansfan98

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
Ha ha, no I’ve never washed it! I was away for 10 days and it’s pollen hell here. Plus, I live on a mtn. Trucks just get dirty.

Rivian hasn’t proposed a fix but I’m going to ask for a full trim replacement since it was clipped pretty hard a few times by the door.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah mine is starting to do that too.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
My undelivered vehicle has this too. Picking it up tomorrow. Any update on the fix?

Rivian R1T R1S Gorilla Glue and Clamps for my exterior window trim IMG_7614

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vansfan98

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
I had mine fixed at the service center. It's a known issue and apparently they indicated it have been redesigned to seat better.

I was just going to use some silicone sealant but held off...
The mobile service guy came to my house and replace the seal with the newly designed part as you mentioned . The service tech was excellent. I can’t say enough good things about the professionalism.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My undelivered vehicle has this too. Picking it up tomorrow. Any update on the fix?

IMG_7614.jpeg
My R1S did this on the rear drivers side door. I had some weatherstrip adhesive and used that with some blue painters tape to hold in place while it dried, has held fine for a few months so far.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
My R1S did this on the rear drivers side door. I had some weatherstrip adhesive and used that with some blue painters tape to hold in place while it dried, has held fine for a few months so far.
Hopefully the SC has it fixed like they said they would for delivery. If not, I’ll try that.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
My passenger side was lifting as well service told me the same, that they would replace the trim piece.
@Vansfan98 just so you know I physically cringed when I saw that picture of the vice grips on the trim piece... have you no mercy! Glad you got it replaced.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Mine was doing this too. Rivian sent a tech to my house and he replaced the entire unit. I like the Gorilla Glue idea. I think the problem is their adhesive gets weakened by heat. I normally keep my R1T in the garage (when it isn’t at the collision center) but it started separating when I left it out in the sun.

OP
OP

Vansfan98

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
My passenger side was lifting as well service told me the same, that they would replace the trim piece.
@Vansfan98 just so you know I physically cringed when I saw that picture of the vice grips on the trim piece... have you no mercy! Glad you got it replaced.
Ha, ha, I knew the price was going to be replaced so no mercy. It worked well but should have used a thin soft cloth between the trim surface and clamp.
Sponsored