Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@Dark-Fx - Did the final product end up at/near the 48lbs/side weight estimate?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I dont know about a Bull bar on this truck but I would defiantly buy a roll bar.
Internal to the truck? I imagine the side curtain airbags would seriously complicate that. But maybe if you're offroad you wouldn't want those active anyway?

@Dark-Fx - Did the final product end up at/near the 48lbs/side weight estimate?
I believe it was a hair under that before powdercoat. I forgot to ask them to re-weigh them. Can probably get you that info next week if I don't have time to pull them back off myself.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Can probably get you that info next week if I don't have time to pull them back off myself.
No reason to pull them off, I sent off an inquiry to them.

Edit: Adam at Goat confirmed the weight at 48lbs/side. This is lighter than any of the other options on the market. Closest is DCE at 62lbs/side.

Last edited:

ac95

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Film Industry
These are now on the website with 30% off. I talked to the owner Adam about 2 weeks ago and got mine ordered in advance. they are set to be delivered today. Can not wait to get home and check them out. I got them without the top plate as I like the look of the old school straight 2" bars. I will report back with photos and my take on them once I have a chance to install. I am also going to see if I can do a trim job on the factory cover/plate that gets removed to see if I can get it back on with these

https://goatfabrication.com/collections/rivian-r1t/products/goat-rivian-r1t-step-sliders

The discount code isn’t working for me. I sent them an IG message about it.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The discount code isn’t working for me. I sent them an IG message about it.
Let us know what you find.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Promo Code has been activated.
No complaints here. $1137 delivered, no shipping charges and no tax.

So literally just saved myself 28 lbs and $1500 over the DCE sliders I was planning on buying.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

@Dark-Fx Have you or GOAT put a jack under these to test them? It looks like they mount with all the bolts in a single row. I’m used to seeing bolt-on rock sliders with bolts in two rows so any vertical forces applied to the slider are resolved in a moment couple. As-is, this design has to resolve that moment through flexure within each bolt, which is a weaker failure mode.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@Dark-Fx Have you or GOAT put a jack under these to test them? It looks like they mount with all the bolts in a single row. I’m used to seeing bolt-on rock sliders with bolts in two rows so any vertical forces applied to the slider are resolved in a moment couple. As-is, this design has to resolve that moment through flexure within each bolt, which is a weaker failure mode.
We lifted the side with the prototype sliders on with a forklift, I think the photo should be on the thread. I also ran it up some rocks where the entire side of the truck was supported just by the rock. Haven't done any of that with the finished product yet, but it's slightly beefier and the replaced hardware feels like it'll be a non-issue.

If I can find time this weekend, I'll lift the truck up by the slider in my driveway with my jack and take a few photos.

Sponsored

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
Internal to the truck? I imagine the side curtain airbags would seriously complicate that. But maybe if you're offroad you wouldn't want those active anyway?

I believe it was a hair under that before powdercoat. I forgot to ask them to re-weigh them. Can probably get you that info next week if I don't have time to pull them back off myself.

Maybe roll bar is not the right name but I want something external over the bed like this. Not for roll over protection but relay just for looks.
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1698418099287

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Maybe roll bar is not the right name but I want something external over the bed like this. Not for roll over protection but relay just for looks.
1698418099287.png
ah! okay. Yeah I don't think there's enough support on the bed top for anything that would be actually strong in a rollover situation. I can ask about this but I'm not sure of the market. Any requested features or considerations?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Playing around on GOAT's RTI ramp đź‘€
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) PXL_20231027_165738620

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
Anyone know the ETA on the R1S sliders from them? I've emailed them, but have not gotten any response. Would be awesome if we can put in a pre-order.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

No reason to pull them off, I sent off an inquiry to them.

Edit: Adam at Goat confirmed the weight at 48lbs/side. This is lighter than any of the other options on the market. Closest is DCE at 62lbs/side.
Full disclosure here. Mine came today and I weighed them at just under 56 lbs/side not the 48lbs/side that was claimed.
Sponsored