Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm 6'1.5" and for the first time in my life (granted, this is my first pickup) I have to get on my tippy toes to get in and hop down slightly to get out. The truck also does some weird suspension up and down stuff after I get out (is that normal?). But I'm wondering if there's a setting or something to automatically lower it once shifted into park and door opens.
I know I can manually change to lowest ride setting, but don't want to do that every time. Am I missing another (obvious) solution?

I'm worried I'll more quickly wear out the outer side of the driver seat with my constant sliding back and forth, instead of lift and stand up or lift and sit down.

Any tips?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just got some promising news from my guide! She called it crawl, but someone else mentioned it'll be called kneel mode. Whatever it's called, looking forward to it!

Rivian R1T R1S Getting in and out.. pretty high Screenshot_20220513-090245

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Yep, you have to set it in Sport/Lowest manually right now. My wife is 5'4", so I do this every time I park. It's a bit of a pain. I'm glad to hear that crawl mode is in-bound. Looking forward to that.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I wonder if it's called "Crawl" mode because you can only move very slowly and not turn the wheel very far, because the wheels will be too close to the body and any bumps would cause them to rub.

So you can put it into crawl mode and slowly crawl into your garage or whatever. Possibly increases the level of pedal control, too, so it's easier to line up with a spot or garage.

OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I wonder if it's called "Crawl" mode because you can only move very slowly and not turn the wheel very far, because the wheels will be too close to the body and any bumps would cause them to rub.

So you can put it into crawl mode and slowly crawl into your garage or whatever. Possibly increases the level of pedal control, too, so it's easier to line up with a spot or garage.
Per my guide, it's for when you are in Park, not driving.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

As in another thread, I sincerely hope this is NOT something enabled in any of the off-road modes. Last thing you want is the truck deciding to high-center itself on a rock just because you put it in park and hopped out.

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
This feature should have been there from the beginning. I know for certain Grand Cherokees have had the feature (Auto Entry/Exit or Ingress/Egress) for almost 10 years. I'm sure it's also in other similar competing vehicles such as Land Rover, etc.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

There just needs to be a user setting that is enables to say when placed in park for User X,Y,Z to set the suspension to the desired height. That "crawl" mode sounds like more finger taps once parked...

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
May be a running board could help like in this one:

Rivian R1T R1S Getting in and out.. pretty high 1652457943987

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I'm 6'1.5" and for the first time in my life (granted, this is my first pickup) I have to get on my tippy toes to get in and hop down slightly to get out. The truck also does some weird suspension up and down stuff after I get out (is that normal?). But I'm wondering if there's a setting or something to automatically lower it once shifted into park and door opens.
I know I can manually change to lowest ride setting, but don't want to do that every time. Am I missing another (obvious) solution?

I'm worried I'll more quickly wear out the outer side of the driver seat with my constant sliding back and forth, instead of lift and stand up or lift and sit down.

Any tips?
Put one of the following on my the passenger side; it tucks up on the handle above the door and is a great assist for my usual passenger who has peripheral neuropathy and is a bit shorter.
Rivian R1T R1S Getting in and out.. pretty high 1652464933379

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just got some promising news from my guide! She called it crawl, but someone else mentioned it'll be called kneel mode. Whatever it's called, looking forward to it!

Screenshot_20220513-090245.png
First time I’ve seen someone call it crawl mode, everyone ive talked to from rivian has called it kneel mode

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
For some reason when I saw the title of this post, I thought of this instead ….

Rivian R1T R1S Getting in and out.. pretty high 1EE29C11-9CDF-4B68-AE8C-851F9FF33813

OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

First time I’ve seen someone call it crawl mode, everyone ive talked to from rivian has called it kneel mode
Could be an honest mistake. Since I've asked, I've heard kneel as well.
Sponsored