Sponsored

Front Light Bar mod / customizing ideas?

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I'd probably go with the more subtle "MOVE B1TCH!"
If we ever can modify the 'sound' it makes at low speed I swear my car will play that line from the song.
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
May have already posted on this forum, but for those that haven’t seen it, thought the off road bumper, winch and yellow tow hooks looked solid. Sounds like this was embedded in the most recent app update?
Rivian R1T R1S Front Light Bar mod / customizing ideas? AC1B9BB7-EAB6-435C-9D99-FD52E495D4FC

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
May have already posted on this forum, but for those that haven’t seen it, thought the off road bumper, winch and yellow tow hooks looked solid. Sounds like this was embedded in the most recent app update?
AC1B9BB7-EAB6-435C-9D99-FD52E495D4FC.png
Yep - That was discovered when the app first launched last year: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-preview-a-breakdown-of-future-services.2176/

There were also some Rivian test mules that had the integrated winch: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/which-winch.3706/

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
A really nice design....

It appears they use premium Factor 55/Warn parts in the off-road recovery kit. The image appears to show a Factor 55 Flatlink for the winch hook.

There do not appear to be any "ports" in the bumper where one would typically reach in and operate the winch clutch that allows "rope" to be spooled out. This is OK for ICE vehicles as the user just lifts the hood and operates the clutch. Not likely with a Rivian.....

To me, all of this implies that the winch offered will be some version of the Warn Platinum 12S, a premium product. This winch allows electronic control of the winch clutch from inside the truck or via remote. To my knowledge, this is the only winch on the market that offers remote control of the clutch - perfect for the Rivian.

If that is true, the bumper and winch option will likely be priced at $4-5k since that winch purchased by itself is $3000 or so. Plus installation if bought after vehicle purchase.

Note the winch alone weighs about 80-90lbs so payload will be reduced if that is a concern.

Sponsored

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Awesome, thanks for the links back. Must’ve missed these!
I missed it too! There's a photo of it in real life as well on a camo wrapped R1T pre-prod unit. Old news but I shared it anyways. Glad at least someone saw it for the first time :)

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'm really hopeful the winch/bumper combo is released soon. It's basically mandatory for what I intend to do with my R1 and not having it will limit my ability to adventure until it arrives.

5k isn't unreasonable, imo, for a well-integrated product, especially if it is all covered under the Rivian warranty and insurance.

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Yellow light bar. I was shooting for the yellow from the logo and this is my second attempt. I cut the film with about 1/8" overlap into the blacked out area before installing (I was afraid an Exacto knife might damage the plastic of the light bar). I think this color works with the lights off, but still a little too lemony in color with the lights on. I made a template from my failed first attempt (yellow much too bright and wet install while trying to wrap the edges was a disaster) by outlining the black area then applying that film to a tracing paper. The second film I purchased can be installed dry. A heat gun helps to flatten things after install. I am no expert and suspect the edges may lift after awhile. But didn't cost much or take much time. I'd prefer a darker (signal) yellow, but don't have a source, currently.

Rivian R1T R1S Front Light Bar mod / customizing ideas? ADDD3343-7732-4BC2-A662-57F9DCBB8FFB_1_201_a

Rivian R1T R1S Front Light Bar mod / customizing ideas? C9F99A33-6C18-4F1D-A919-4AB749C02CDB

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yellow light bar. I was shooting for the yellow from the logo and this is my second attempt. I cut the film with about 1/8" overlap into the blacked out area before installing (I was afraid an Exacto knife might damage the plastic of the light bar). I think this color works with the lights off, but still a little too lemony in color with the lights on. I made a template from my failed first attempt (yellow much too bright and wet install while trying to wrap the edges was a disaster) by outlining the black area then applying that film to a tracing paper. The second film I purchased can be installed dry. A heat gun helps to flatten things after install. I am no expert and suspect the edges may lift after awhile. But didn't cost much or take much time. I'd prefer a darker (signal) yellow, but don't have a source, currently.

ADDD3343-7732-4BC2-A662-57F9DCBB8FFB_1_201_a.jpeg

C9F99A33-6C18-4F1D-A919-4AB749C02CDB.jpeg
How does this look while charging?

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

ADDD3343-7732-4BC2-A662-57F9DCBB8FFB_1_201_a.jpeg

C9F99A33-6C18-4F1D-A919-4AB749C02CDB.jpeg
i thought the first picture was photo shopped until reading. I think you are right on the too lemon ish when on but it would have to almost orange amber when off to look right when on I think. Seems like you have to pick whether you want it to look good while on or best when off. This could also look really good on a blue or yellow Rivian.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
..... I think this color works with the lights off, but still a little too lemony in color with the lights on. ...
Lemony? I was thinking more uriney! 🤣

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

Water2Breath

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Audi S4/2018 Ford F-150/2019 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Retired USMC CH-46 & MV-22 driver/current gov't contractor
Just saw a video in the GW thread of someone that cut RIVIAN into a piece of vinyl on the front light bar. It looks good.

Rivian R1T R1S Front Light Bar mod / customizing ideas? 1656611799820
Sponsored