Sponsored

FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I’m leaning towards launch green myself with forest edge, but am unsure if this will be matchy matchy. What do others think?
I'm in the exact same boat. Right now I have LG/BM but the black is too dark and the lighter interior looks too light. No doubt the wood trim is the FE is incredible. I'm less sold on all of the upholstery. In some of the earlier pictures I saw it just looked like too much green. Some of the newer photos look quite sharp, though. As others have mentioned, the $2K is pricy, and I'm a little concerned that LG/FE might be too much when combined. I thought about limestone or granite exterior but then that's another $1500 just to avoid too much green. Really torn. Curious what others who have seen them in person thing, if others have seen the LG/FE combo and what they thought of it. I haven't seen one in person (Atlanta) since before the configurator and options were even released. Thoughts from this group?
Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in the exact same boat. Right now I have LG/BM but the black is too dark and the lighter interior looks too light. No doubt the wood trim is the FE is incredible. I'm less sold on all of the upholstery. In some of the earlier pictures I saw it just looked like too much green. Some of the newer photos look quite sharp, though. As others have mentioned, the $2K is pricy, and I'm a little concerned that LG/FE might be too much when combined. I thought about limestone or granite exterior but then that's another $1500 just to avoid too much green. Really torn. Curious what others who have seen them in person thing, if others have seen the LG/FE combo and what they thought of it. I haven't seen one in person (Atlanta) since before the configurator and options were even released. Thoughts from this group?
@DuckTruck had a post addressing this "matchy matchy" concern and I think it summed it up very well. BRB

Edit: Here was what DuckTruck posted. I think there was another post that I was thinking of as well but can't seem to find it

"One of the reasons I'm even more Gung-Ho than ever on Launch Green with Forest Edge is that from the front seat while driving in the wild, I'd prefer neutral colors that match my surroundings.

I'd rather the visible surfaces of the truck blend in and that I not see sheet metal and interior bits that create a heavy contrast to the scenery outside the windows. On the coastal side of the PNW, those surroundings tend to be various shades of green.

I love all of the colors and interior options, and also encourage everyone to get what works for them. There are numerous combinations that are outstanding and I'm glad I've found the one that works for me. I hope everyone finds a combo that they love as much as I love mine. "

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

0ne thought on the “too much green” problem: some people who have seen both colors, the LG and FE, have commented that both have grey tones that mitigate the moderate green and no one has commented on there being “too much grey”!

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The green / gray... not sure I'm completely sold on that but main the wood grain is beautiful.
Waiting for delivery to fully assess the colors and to celebrate my “risky” choices, because we are an early order I do not expect to see the LG and FE combo driving in Jackson, WY, before I see my own R1S; but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by a neighbor. Waiting is more fun than frustrating though it is both.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
The green / gray... not sure I'm completely sold on that but main the wood grain is beautiful.
Yeah, the FE interior wood is the best by far. There are times I see the seat material and it looks great and then other times it’s too Army / OD green. I will have to see it in person before I make my decision. I keep going back and forth between FE and OC interior. I’ve just ruled out Black Mountain interior because I’m sick of all the black interiors I own/ have owned. But the black interior would still be on the table if I could get it with the brown wood trim from FE.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Yeah, the FE interior wood is the best by far. There are times I see the seat material and it looks great and then other times it’s too Army / OD green. I will have to see it in person before I make my decision. I keep going back and forth between FE and OC interior. I’ve just ruled out Black Mountain interior because I’m sick of all the black interiors I own/ have owned. But the black interior would still be on the table if I could get it with the brown wood trim from FE.
I'd do OC in a heartbeat if I could get the wood grain color from FE with it. To me, that would be the sharpest combo.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My own perspective is that all three interiors would benefit from the wood trim of the Forest Edge. If you're going to be running around in dusty, dirty, or muddy environments, I'd be wary of the OC interior. It seems to me it will require more work to keep it looking clean. I think the FE interior will hide dirt, pine needles, dust, and mud much more so than the other two interiors.

As always, it's nice that we have good looking options to choose from.

Last edited:

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My own perspective is that all three interiors would benefit from the wood trim of the Forest Edge. If you're going to running around in dusty, dirty, or muddy environments, I'd be wary of the OC interior. It seems to me it will require more work to keep it looking clean. I think the FE interior will hide dirt, pine needles, dust, and mud much more so than the other two interiors.

Yes, FE should hide dirt/dust well besides looking good.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

My own perspective is that all three interiors would benefit from the wood trim of the Forest Edge. If you're going to running around in dusty, dirty, or muddy environments, I'd be wary of the OC interior. It seems to me it will require more work to keep it looking clean. I think the FE interior will hide dirt, pine needles, dust, and mud much more so than the other two interiors.

Agree 100%. Having seen all 3 interiors in person the Forest Edge wood is beautiful. The black honestly looked like plastic and the OC looked like pickled wood. OC was my original choice but after seeing how washed out the wood was I switched to FE. BUT the FE wood with OC would be fantastic.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Same as many others, I've been super swayed towards FE. Only problem is Rivian Blue is my favorite exterior color by far. I'm imagining they could either clash or be fine. Would love to see a pic of them configured together, but not sure that anyone will have the same crazy idea o_O
Me too