Sponsored

Ford CEO announces “magic dock” adapter around the corner!

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

There is the "Rivian Announcement" even in Laguna Beach on Mar. 7th.....I bet they debut the NACS adapter and maybe the R2's
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
There is the "Rivian Announcement" even in Laguna Beach on Mar. 7th.....I bet they debut the NACS adapter and maybe the R2's
The March 7th event is primarily for the R2--they'll probably announce that it will have a native NACS port, though.

It would be very cool if they announced that adapters are ready for use during that presentation in Apple's "one more thing" style.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It's happening in March with the R2 introduction :)

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm just glad they're calling them adapters and not dongles.
If they were for wireless charging, then dongles would be a good term to use.

Chengo888

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Does anyone know how Tesla or others would solve supercharger cable length when Teslas charger on the left side of a charger and non-Tesla park in the right to use it? There will be blocked spots at these chargers.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Does anyone know how Tesla or others would solve supercharger cable length when Teslas charger on the left side of a charger and non-Tesla park in the right to use it? There will be blocked spots at these chargers.
Yep there will be blocked chargers for any V3 stalls. V4 should have long enough to be able to use the stall in front of the parking space.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Most Tesla stations will require blocking a stall to charge but there are some I’ve been to that have access from the backside that would work well for Rivian. Quartzite, AZ and Lake Forest, CA come to mind. I saw a couple of others on my last trip, do not recall the cities but the vast majority would require blocking a stall.

That being said, would not block everyone, a Rivian or possibly other non-Tesla could use the adjacent spot.

I just finished a long trip (in a Tesla), every Supercharger station I was at east of California it would not have been an issue, there were plenty of open bays either because the location was practically empty or had so many bays it just did not matter.

Chengo888

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Most Tesla stations will require blocking a stall to charge but there are some I’ve been to that have access from the backside that would work well for Rivian. Quartzite, AZ and Lake Forest, CA come to mind. I saw a couple of others on my last trip, do not recall the cities but the vast majority would require blocking a stall.

That being said, would not block everyone, a Rivian or possibly other non-Tesla could use the adjacent spot.

I just finished a long trip (in a Tesla), every Supercharger station I was at east of California it would not have been an issue, there were plenty of open bays either because the location was practically empty or had so many bays it just did not matter.
Thanks SANZC02, I guess we'll have to wait and see for those chargers that are typically busy in Orange county. :fingerscrossed:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Has Ford said anything about providing a second adapter for AC charging, since this is clearly a DC-only adapter? (which makes sense for tech and safety reasons)
Sponsored