First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Greetings. I’m in Tallahassee. I’m confident we’ll be able to attend a test drive as the time nears for our purchase confirmation. Based on the numerous reviews, I am comfortable with progress on the quality of the build; albeit with expectations they’ll tighten-up the software side of things over the next few months.
I have looked extensively for something comparable to overland and I don’t think anything comes close when you consider it’s EV advantages. I’m a reservation holder from July ‘19. Am I disappointed I don’t have the truck yet? Yes. Am I concerned about my configuration excluding me from a rebate under the proposed legislation? Yes. But Rivian just gave me a huge gift of sorts by allowing us (who could) to participate in the IPO. That more than covers the rebate concerns and a bit more consideration towards my time and net cost to the truck. I’ve been patient this long and will continue to do so…even in the hinterlands of Florida. I trust that Rivian is focused on execution but, more importantly, in doing it right. My two cents.
Well said
Sponsored

Screeper

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, BMW M850, Ford F-150, Ducati, Harley
Rivian has an out 10 jobs posted 10 days ago for miami

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

received my generic email yesterday from Rivian and my delivery time is April- May 2022. Should I believe them?
No, you should not believe them. If I were you, I'd sell my pre-order while you can get some money for it. As a native Florida Man myself, I'll give you a cool $1k for it today :)

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Stuart, FL here. Several weeks ago I contacted CS saying that I did not expect any deliveries to any areas that do not have service centers up and running. They had no news about any service centers in Florida. They did assure me that a service center is not needed for deliveries in any area, just a mobile service. The way things are going I do not expect any Florida delivers in 2022. Just a hunch.

My pre-order is for the R1T though I am not a truck type person nor do I plan to do much off roading. The R1S is just too big for my tastes. Current vehicle is a Mercedes GLA 250 which I really like but want to go EV. So, I am looking at other options with the Hyundai Iconic 5 as the most promising so far. I know there is ZERO comparison between a Rivian and a Hyundai but the Iconic 5 is pretty cool though not near as luxury. Still, it has 800V charging (18 min from 20% to 80%), near 300 mile range, Bose premium sound, heads up display and much better drive assist features with level 3 capability OTA when available, 2 yrs free charging at Electrify America, and NO subscriptions needed.

Just saying.
Let’s go Martin County! Bring a few of these out to Plant Bamboo

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

I am also April/May 2022 and saw one other Florida delivery with same dates. Good sign that a truck is planned to south Florida around same time period.
I'm in miami, with an August 2019 pre order, I also got the April/May email for delivery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Surfnturf

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
No, you should not believe them. If I were you, I'd sell my pre-order while you can get some money for it. As a native Florida Man myself, I'll give you a cool $1k for it today :)

I would hate to sell it to you for $1k and then Rivian go and delay production for another 6-9 months. I would feel awful about that!

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Did you get a LE? I’m also in Tallahassee, PreOreder in 5/20 R1S. I got to see an R1T at the Venice Hub last month while in LA.
another Tallahassee order, so there are at least 3 of us on here now. My email said March/April, but I’m jealous you’ve seen one in person. I’ve thought about making a run to LA since that’s the only option to see one inside and out at the moment.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
MIAMI
"Florida holds a special place in our heart. It's where we got our start in a small warehouse over ten years ago"

Translation: "We lurve Miami, but, fuck Hialeah.com."

IJS ?

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Jax. R1S LE, delivery window July - September. I'd certainly like to see some activity with charging station permits and truck deliveries...

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

so just to update some, haven't checked in on the south FL (Miami) site in a while, will be checking this week, also have confirmed sittings of R1T in Ft. Myers area, and just today, another just south of Cooper City area ( sheridan street and palm ave) in Broward county.

EDIT: went today 1/20/22 to see if anything has been done or even started on the Miami service center site, and still nothing, no sign of any work. zero, zip, zilch, nada,

Last edited:

Sponsored

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, GC 4xe, Taycan Turbo, 911 4 GTS
Met Matt the Orlando Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager Saturday. He was in Tampa during Gasparilla and I just happened to be walking by where he was parked. He took delivery in late December.

It was my first time seeing one -the Blue has more metallic than I thought and looks great.
They have mobile operations in Orlando up and running.

Rivian is planning on drive events in Florida in March.

Rivian R1T R1S Florida/Southeast left in the dark Matt front

Rivian R1T R1S Florida/Southeast left in the dark Matt rear blackout

OP
OP
Surfnturf

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Met Matt the Orlando Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager Saturday. He was in Tampa during Gasparilla and I just happened to be walking by where he was parked. He took delivery in late December.

It was my first time seeing one -the Blue has more metallic than I thought and looks great.

Matt front.jpg

Matt rear blackout.jpg

Matt front.jpg

Matt rear blackout.jpg
wow that is great news. Glad to hear FL is on their short term radar. Finally!

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Oh wow, excellent surprise there