Florida/Southeast left in the dark

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Caught a very brief glimpse of a Rivian while driving in Cooper City. Only reason I recognized it was due to the headlights. It wasn't that sneaky squirrel Yellow R1T that we've seen Lidar mapping the state. It was a Rivian Blue!! Sadly, the vehicle was driving in the opposite direction I was going and the event happened so fast that I didn't have enough time to snatch a pic of it, nor did I want to follow the vehicle (sorry, I like my privacy and tend to respect others' as well). But for a brief moment, it did get me hopeful regarding Rivian and FL. Looking forward towards the Drive events in March/April here in sunny FLA ☀ ?
Sponsored

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, GC 4xe, Taycan Turbo, 911 4 GTS
A few photos from Linkedin recently. Did a little searching online and found the Orange County permits for the Orlando Service Center. Permits were issued in December - Located at 1026 Jetstream Drive, Orlando.

Rivian R1T R1S Florida/Southeast left in the dark Rivian Orlando LinkedIn 1
Rivian R1T R1S Florida/Southeast left in the dark Rivian Orlando LinkedIn 2
Rivian R1T R1S Florida/Southeast left in the dark Rivian Orlando LinkedIn 3

First Name
Anja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Met Matt the Orlando Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager Saturday. He was in Tampa during Gasparilla and I just happened to be walking by where he was parked. He took delivery in late December.

It was my first time seeing one -the Blue has more metallic than I thought and looks great.
They have mobile operations in Orlando up and running.

Rivian is planning on drive events in Florida in March.

Matt front.jpg

Matt rear blackout.jpg
I guess that didn't work out or were there any test drives offered? It's almost end of April and no test drives offered for us here in SW Florida. 😪

OP
OP
Surfnturf

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed

my wife and daughter on the way to NSB last week. They saw one in person before I even did..... my wife's first impressions were "tiny"

glad I switched to the R1S in January. To put it in perspective I am coming from a Toyota Tundra crewmax. After seeing the trucks come out and how small the bed and truck are it is not the right fit for me.

Cool they saw one being delivered hopefully.... but still can't believe I still haven't seen one yet.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I guess that didn't work out or were there any test drives offered? It's almost end of April and no test drives offered for us here in SW Florida. 😪
Yep. Not sure why we haven't seen any here yet either. That and I'm gunning that if Georgia fucks up and declines Rivian to built their plant there. They'll consider Florida (most DEFINITELY welcomed here!!)
Sponsored