Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I've never been to NJ, so this is an honest, but probably will seem loaded, question. What kind of "Adventures" are there to be had in NJ?
It's called the Garden State for a reason!
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
NJ has 25+ beaches you can drive on, there are trails all over NJ. What "Adventures" are there in Sacramento CA that has a Adventure Network Charger?
Driving on the highways through Sactown might as well be classified as an adventure šŸ˜†

Sacto is a pretty convenient mid-point for San Francisco to Tahoe adventurers, that's probably the reason for the charger there.

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
I second that " Come on, Kill Devil Hills Magic Dockā€¦ " it would make the annual OBX week easier!
Exactly our use case too! Right now thereā€™s _one_ CCS charger that I can see on the entire island range.

No idea why RAN isnā€™t out there yet (cā€™mon, driving on the beach counts guys) but being able to use that SC would be huge.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I've never been to NJ, so this is an honest, but probably will seem loaded, question. What kind of "Adventures" are there to be had in NJ?
I drove through Camden last year with a coworker on a work trip and visited the riverfront there. I would consider that to be "an adventure."

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I hope this happens soon. Even in California, it will make life a lot better.

on a personal level, there is a giant Tesla Charging station just outside of Yosemite in the parking lot of the lodge we often stay at. This would ease all my fears about taking my Rivian on that trip.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Source: https://driveteslacanada.ca/superch...veals-magic-dock-ccs-compatibility-hawthorne/

Tesla accidentally reveals Magic Dock, hints first Supercharger with CCS compatibility will be in Hawthorne

When Tesla launched the non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot program, the company added a filter to its ā€˜Find Usā€™ map in Europe to display Superchargers open to non-Tesla vehicles. On Friday night that same filter was added for the US map. Using the filter revealed just one Supercharger, and that was the one in Hawthorne, just around the corner from the companyā€™s Design Studio. (h/t: @haydensawyer14)

hawthorne-supercharger-ccs-jpg.jpg
No accident.... šŸ˜‰

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
This is game changing and I wonder how much Elon will charge for this...

Also, what would be the realistic timeframe in seeing these open up widespread throughout the Country...? Hmm...

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

All kinds:
Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger location with CCS compatible "Magic Dock" plug discovered in app 1674524993059

Iā€™m originally from ā€œCrumbling Industryā€.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Source: https://driveteslacanada.ca/superch...veals-magic-dock-ccs-compatibility-hawthorne/

Tesla accidentally reveals Magic Dock, hints first Supercharger with CCS compatibility will be in Hawthorne

When Tesla launched the non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot program, the company added a filter to its ā€˜Find Usā€™ map in Europe to display Superchargers open to non-Tesla vehicles. On Friday night that same filter was added for the US map. Using the filter revealed just one Supercharger, and that was the one in Hawthorne, just around the corner from the companyā€™s Design Studio. (h/t: @haydensawyer14)

hawthorne-supercharger-ccs-jpg.jpg
No accident
This is game changing and I wonder how much Elon will charge for this...

Also, what would be the realistic timeframe in seeing these open up widespread throughout the Country...? Hmm...
We'll pay whatever he wants....probably

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
All kinds:

View attachment 41704

Damn...there is some harsh reality in this...I grew up in "Indians" which makes sense since I'm first generation South Asian American and I'm allowed to make fun of myself...

Now I live on the border of Executives and Raritan/middle class commuters which sums up my Professional life thus far...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
All kinds:
1674524993059.jpeg

That is the most accurate map Iā€™ve ever seen. Is that from National Geographic?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

That is the most accurate map Iā€™ve ever seen. Is that from National Geographic?
IIRC I screen-captured it from ā€œAn Inconvenient Truthā€.

Seanfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Exactly our use case too! Right now thereā€™s _one_ CCS charger that I can see on the entire island range.

No idea why RAN isnā€™t out there yet (cā€™mon, driving on the beach counts guys) but being able to use that SC would be huge.
Our family annual trip from No VA to OBX is the one long trip I want to take the Rivian on. Once you get past Richmond though there are no decent charging options. Put a DCFC in Corolla so you can charge as you go on and off the beach.
Sponsored