Sponsored

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Source: https://driveteslacanada.ca/superch...veals-magic-dock-ccs-compatibility-hawthorne/

Tesla accidentally reveals Magic Dock, hints first Supercharger with CCS compatibility will be in Hawthorne

When Tesla launched the non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot program, the company added a filter to its ‘Find Us’ map in Europe to display Superchargers open to non-Tesla vehicles. On Friday night that same filter was added for the US map. Using the filter revealed just one Supercharger, and that was the one in Hawthorne, just around the corner from the company’s Design Studio. (h/t: @haydensawyer14)

Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger location with CCS compatible "Magic Dock" plug discovered in app hawthorne-supercharger-ccs-
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I know a lot of the people on the west coast don't like this because the superchargers are crowded, but this would be so great for the east coast and the rest of the country. I think as soon as Tesla starts making money off non-Tesla owners it will really get the competition going for more chargers. I hope they don't make it too expensive though.

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
Revenue for Tesla and reliable chargers for everyone else. This is a huge win.

Considering Tesla is still the majority of the EV market in the US, I don’t even see this as a huge “Superchargers are Overcrowded” issue, either. Only once in six years of road trips did I need to wait on an SC here on the east coast, and that’s when only 2/8 of the SC stalls in Newton, MA were working.

Come on, Kill Devil Hills Magic Dock…

Scotsol

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW M3
Clubs

I really hope Tesla does this. Being in NJ the EV charging infrastructure is decent, however adding in Tesla would make travel much easier. The east coast in general is not getting much attention from Rivian. There is not a single Rivian charger in NJ. NOT A SINGLE ONE and NOTHING COMING SOON! https://rivian.com/experience/charging

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I really hope Tesla does this. Being in NJ the EV charging infrastructure is decent, however adding in Tesla would make travel much easier. The east coast in general is not getting much attention from Rivian. There is not a single Rivian charger in NJ. NOT A SINGLE ONE and NOTHING COMING SOON! https://rivian.com/experience/charging
I've never been to NJ, so this is an honest, but probably will seem loaded, question. What kind of "Adventures" are there to be had in NJ?

supernu8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I've never been to NJ, so this is an honest, but probably will seem loaded, question. What kind of "Adventures" are there to be had in NJ?
For one, there are a bunch of shore town destinations in NJ and DE where tesla has the only working DCFC infrastructure. This would make day trips to the beach easier to manage.

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
For one, there are a bunch of shore town destinations in NJ and DE where tesla has the only working DCFC infrastructure. This would make day trips to the beach easier to manage.
Eastern Shore of Virginia and Eastern Maryland area. Not a DCFC to be found. I've been struggling to plan out some trips to that area. Access to Supercharger would make those trips easy peasy.

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Define “adventure”? Camden, Trenton, Jersey City can all be quite adventurous in their own way. Then there is the masses that invade New England for skiing each weekend in VT and NH. I’m not even going to get into the chemical river fjording.

Last edited:

julian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah, I am also in NJ and when I gave up the Tesla for the Rivian I knew the one negative was the network. However, I also knew T was going to open up the network so all those chargers on the TPK and GS would be usable

Scotsol

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW M3
Clubs

NJ has 25+ beaches you can drive on, there are trails all over NJ. What "Adventures" are there in Sacramento CA that has a Adventure Network Charger?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

NJ has 25+ beaches you can drive on, there are trails all over NJ. What "Adventures" are there in Sacramento CA that has a Adventure Network Charger?
No idea, never been there either.

Scotsol

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW M3
Clubs

Revenue for Tesla and reliable chargers for everyone else. This is a huge win.

Considering Tesla is still the majority of the EV market in the US, I don’t even see this as a huge “Superchargers are Overcrowded” issue, either. Only once in six years of road trips did I need to wait on an SC here on the east coast, and that’s when only 2/8 of the SC stalls in Newton, MA were working.

Come on, Kill Devil Hills Magic Dock…
I second that " Come on, Kill Devil Hills Magic Dock… " it would make the annual OBX week easier!
Sponsored