First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
..Don't think Project Farm has this specific category tested!
Love that guy!!

He does tests that even the manufacturers didn't think of....
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the link.

I also didn't know these existed, seems more compact too. Are there alternatives to consider, or is the Cat 4 Ton All-in-One Truck Jack a pretty good choice? Don't think Project Farm has this specific category tested!
@EV Sportline has a bottle jack offering for the same price. You can also consider that.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
@EV Sportline has a bottle jack offering for the same price. You can also consider that.
The EV Sportline bottle Jack is only a bottle jack, but the CAT product is a combination jack/jack stand.

I had no idea these existed, but I see the CAT one is out of stock everywhere. I did find 3 ton options available though.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Thought I would share information on my first tire rotation at 6k miles. I have a couple of 4ton Jack stand/bottle jack combo units. They worked great with the pucks I purchased. It is a great time to clean off the brake calipers as well.

Here is what I used;
D81341A6-8E1D-4259-8282-958A7347B75F.jpeg

80EB776E-12D7-4AD3-B674-13101CE26F39.jpeg
Are we supposed to rotate at 6K?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is good timing I need to do mine and was wondering what the torque spec was. for anyone curios and stuck to the American ways 190NM is 140Ftlbs. Given the way I drive I'm going to try and do mine ever 5-6k

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Are we supposed to rotate at 6K?
That is now the official Rivian service recommendation, if you call into Rivian5 for anything, they have a post-it to mention this to every owner when they call to get the word out.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the link.

I also didn't know these existed, seems more compact too. Are there alternatives to consider, or is the Cat 4 Ton All-in-One Truck Jack a pretty good choice? Don't think Project Farm has this specific category tested!
The alternatives that I am considering are both Powerbuilt 3 ton combo jacks from Amazon:
https://a.co/d/8V1dEqA @ $65 and https://a.co/d/c6N28ZF @ $86

Both are about 22-23lbs, and I'm not really sure what the difference is between these two, but both are reasonably priced.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wow, I wasn't aware of the bottle jack/jack stand combo units. Seems like a great idea - I'm just surprised that they will go high enough to lift up the Rivian! I invested in a ProEagle, which is a great jack but $$$
Thanks for the post :clap:

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Not sure if I'm just blind and missed it,

Did you need to do anything for the TPMS to show in the right location post rotation?

OP
OP
SANZC02

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if I'm just blind and missed it,

Did you need to do anything for the TPMS to show in the right location post rotation?
I did not, just took it for a short drive and seems like it picked all of the wheels up. It appears to be reading based on distance to the sensors.

Edit: My Jeep GC and Tesla Model S appears to work the same way, nothing required after rotation on those either.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
The alternatives that I am considering are both Powerbuilt 3 ton combo jacks from Amazon:

Both are about 22-23lbs, and I'm not really sure what the difference is between these two, but both are reasonably priced.
I also saw the Powerbuilt 3 ton combo for $65 and then the $10 pinch seam rubber adapter, so it's not metal on metal for the puck to jack. I'm debating if the $75 Powerbuilt combo is a better option compared to the $130 Cat 4 ton, or if the Cat is worth the extra money. I am probably only going to get one and then use my giant floor jack in combination for tire rotations.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I went with this one: https://a.co/d/c6N28ZF @ $86

The puck is an EV1, modified to sit nicely on the stand. The base on these is massive and they seem pretty solid but I have not had a chance to try it yet. My next tire change will be swapping out the ATs for my 22s in a couple weeks.

Rivian R1T R1S First R1S tire rotation DIY experience jack2

Rivian R1T R1S First R1S tire rotation DIY experience jack1

EDIT:
The holes drilled in the middle of the slot really help the puck sit flat. The jack stand casting isn't perfectly flat (a bit of a peak towards the middle), but also I think it just helps to have the two contact points rather than one large point.

Last edited:

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification

The more expensive one looks to be the new design and Powerbuilt says it more versatile because of the "dual lifting saddle", which I assume means you can lift from the platform on top of the jack side. I ended up getting the newer one, I figured for $20 extra why not.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I went with this one: https://a.co/d/c6N28ZF @ $86

The puck is an EV1, modified to sit nicely on the stand. The base on these is massive and they seem pretty solid but I have not had a chance to try it yet. My next tire change will be swapping out the ATs for my 22s in a couple weeks.

jack2.jpg

jack1.jpg

EDIT:
The holes drilled in the middle of the slot really help the puck sit flat. The jack stand casting isn't perfectly flat (a bit of a peak towards the middle), but also I think it just helps to have the two contact points rather than one large point.
Great idea on making the slots in the Jack puck for stability. I have some rubber jack pads that I was going to use with this combo unit, but if they don't give me peace of mind while lifting, then I might try your solution! 👌🏾
Sponsored

Last edited: