Fawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Kia Telluride
Clubs

I like the “granola” holder.
Not sure about aluminum metallic look.
A rubberized surface for charging will keep the phones from sliding on the MagSafe charging surface. Right now the charging pad is unusable in the R1T because the moment you hit the accelerator, the phone slides off of the charging point.
Two usable MagSafe chargers are a must!
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Agree! Definitely need 2 MagSafe chargers that work and a surface that holds the phone against sliding.
The current charging surface is not usable because it’s difficult to find the right position for the phone and the first time you hit the accelerator or brake it’s no longer charging. I have to plug my phone in.
At least for newer iPhones the slippery factor doesn't matter since they'll be held to the charger with the MagSafe magnets. But for older iPhones or Android it would obviously matter. Qi2 spec should see magnets getting added to Android phones in the near future as well.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Hey all here's a quick update on the prototype in the truck. I have a prototype going (all 3d printed currently). And I am happy to say its working great. I'm fairly certain this will be the "final" design. Just waiting on the premium plates to show up (February 6th currently estimated) to show off our choice of softness.

I'm happy to answer any questions. As a reminder this will utilize the OEM connector for charging the magsafe pucks (with the actual oem connector on our buck charger), the charger is held in place utilizing oem connection points and doesn't require any special removal to lift your phones off the chargers, and is made to look as OEM as possible.

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate image_50444289.JPG

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
What is the install process like? Will this be very complicated?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
What is the install process like? Will this be very complicated?
Remove rubber mat, remove oem charger (3 prongs that hold it in, more annoying than hard), slide in our base, slide in plate (this requires a specific way, but it's not hard at all), once the plate is lined up with the chargers... push down. It clicks in place and you are done.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Still the cleanest and best looking pad. 👍

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Still the cleanest and best looking pad. 👍
I REALLY appreciate that. I've worked really hard to make things look like they belong in the truck. And I try really hard to make as many of you as happy as possible. If it wasn't for this forums feedback I wouldn't have spent the time looking for the new plate material.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Super super interested in this one. Is there a website where we can preorder?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Super super interested in this one. Is there a website where we can preorder?
s00nish.com will be where you can preorder it. But I am waiting on the final plate material. That will decide our cost.

edit: that's two zeros

Sponsored

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
Remove rubber mat, remove oem charger (3 prongs that hold it in, more annoying than hard), slide in our base, slide in plate (this requires a specific way, but it's not hard at all), once the plate is lined up with the chargers... push down. It clicks in place and you are done.
Awesome, looking forward to this!

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Love the progress here! Will you support Apple pucks? as they are the only ones that charge at 15W. all others only 7.5.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Love the progress here! Will you support Apple pucks? as they are the only ones that charge at 15W. all others only 7.5.
Yup that's whats attached to my truck right now. Also our buck charger that connects to the OEM connector supports 15 watts to each puck as well.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Hey all here's a quick update on the prototype in the truck. I have a prototype going (all 3d printed currently). And I am happy to say its working great. I'm fairly certain this will be the "final" design. Just waiting on the premium plates to show up (February 6th currently estimated) to show off our choice of softness.

I'm happy to answer any questions. As a reminder this will utilize the OEM connector for charging the magsafe pucks (with the actual oem connector on our buck charger), the charger is held in place utilizing oem connection points and doesn't require any special removal to lift your phones off the chargers, and is made to look as OEM as possible.

image_50444289.JPG
Nice!

So, just to make sure I am up to speed on the latest info - the part in the pic is not flush with the wood trim, because a top plate of tbd material will take that space, correct?

And the pucks will be under that material and therefor not visible? I personally don't mind either way, just curious.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Nice!

So, just to make sure I am up to speed on the latest info - the part in the pic is not flush with the wood trim, because a top plate of tbd material will take that space, correct?

And the pucks will be under that material and therefor not visible? I personally don't mind either way, just curious.
Nope. On testing we found that if went above there were issues with fit across different trucks. We also didn't like our mounting methods when we tried lifting the phones.

This would be similar to what you saw at the off road event. It looks really clean in person and gives more clearance for phones.
Sponsored

Last edited: