ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Apparently, your order date is meaningless unless you are close to a Service Center. We are about 300 from the nearest Service Center. We have a November, 2018 order/reservation date and cannot get an invitation to the R1 Shop.

Brian
Just guessing here, but maybe it's possible Rivian doesn't want to deliver to you until they know you are getting the new tonneau design, so they don't have to spend 5 hours each way to fix it. Or maybe there are short term plans to open a Service center closer to you.
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
It’s a business decision. Living 200-300 miles from a service center has the potential to lead to poor customer satisfaction.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just guessing here, but maybe it's possible Rivian doesn't want to deliver to you until they know you are getting the new tonneau design, so they don't have to spend 5 hours each way to fix it. Or maybe there are short term plans to open a Service center closer to you.
I hope that you are right. I just want to get a truck.

Brian

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
I hope that you are right. I just want to get a truck.

Brian
Maybe put up a couple of videos on Youtube and then have all your friends and relatives to watch and subscribe so you become a Youtube “influencer” ;-). Gallows humor - sure hope you get a Rivian soon!

craptacular

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I may try emailing one of the higher ups in Rivian, but I think that I might wait and see what happens from stirring up all this crap on the Forums.

Brian
I'm not sure waiting will do any good. Are you assuming that a Rivian employee is monitoring this forum and specifically this thread? I wouldn't count on that and even if someone from Rivian does see your situation, it is likely to be a lower level employee who will have no pull to get you any resolution. Send RJ an email and be nice when explaining your situation. Offer to sign an agreement that says that says you are responsible for bringing the truck within their Atlanta shop service radius if you have any issues.

Sponsored

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
Good luck!! I am still waiting as well. Starting to see them every day now around North County San Diego. Back to the thread topic, the San Diego visible shop has had a Launch Edition, Launch Green with 20AT and Adventure Coast interior for 3 days now. Surprised it has not moved or maybe they batched a bunch of them. Would love to see them do that 80 vehicle dump again. That was awesome, but just not awesome enough for me to pull the trigger on a configuration that was not ideal given we are so close to our "end of summer" email.
That's my truck. I picked it up today! Drove through Solana and Cardiff meeting my buddy to show it to him before heading back to Temecula.

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks 1664495526430

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Nice Truck Timo.....I am in the exact same boat as moosetags. April 2019 R1T pre-order and not date in sight. I can confirm it is infuriating to be an early supporter and have Rivian continually fail to deliver. From My perspective the whole you live to far from a service center is a steaming pile of B.S. This is something that Rivian should have planned for from the beginning. I live in the same place now as when I took delivery of my Tesla over 4 years ago. Nearest Tesla service center at the time was the same 325 miles away. Never stopped them from delivering and providing service. They had tesla rangers (mobile service) stationed at multiple locations in between their service centers. Don't know why Rivian is so late to this solution but is concerning. Think Rivian has made an awesome product but if their business management skills don't improve quickly I'm not sure the will be around for the long haul.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That's my truck. I picked it up today! Drove through Solana and Cardiff meeting my buddy to show it to him before heading back to Temecula.

1664495526430.png
Thats a beauty!! Ping me next time you come down Cardiff way!!

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist

1664495526430.png
If I see this R1T passing through Temescal Valley, I'll know it's you.
Congratulations and hopefully you will see mine next year!

Sponsored

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

1664495526430.png
Congratulations! looks awesome. Every time I see those 20" rims I like them more.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I am San Diego. There must be 40+ R1Ts in the shop. All interiors, every exterior color including lots of Launch Green. Most all 20s and 22s both bright and dark.
So these are rejects or ones never picked up----cancelled orders?

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am not 100% sure. Probably a combination of non-filled orders and batch builds. I have seen on other threads that some people getting trucks from the shop have early VINs and some of very recent VINs. Unfortunately the shop view to me is empty today. But hoping to get that email that tells us when to expect the next email that will tell us something more concrete about our own order.

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
So these are rejects or ones never picked up----cancelled orders?
The one I picked up online has VIN 3097 and 2/22 manufacturing date stamped on the door frame, and 50 miles on the odo. It is in excellent condition, flawless build quality except one minor issue with a plastic panel part of off-road underbody. We love it, even the tonneau works great, kids played with it all over the week end, smelled like new car too.

It did not find any takers for more than 6 months, lucky us! It has dark AT, that alone shouldn't be reason for no one picking it up, adds up $3.5k more to an LE, not so popular option I guess. We never know.

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
My VIN is 0117xx. I do have the 12v in the frunk which I'm glad about.
Sponsored