Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I also just picked one from the shop while bailing on my Max Pack hopes. Grabbed an Adventure Rivian Blue, 21" AP, black mountain, RIU. Starting the 8 steps. VIN 119xx. It is still in Normal. They said they are not doing factory pick up at this time so they are shipping to San Diego. Hope to have it in a few weeks.
Sponsored

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
They just dropped 54 new R1Ts in the Shop that I can see from San Diego. Every color, interior, and wheel type combinations.
I want in
I want in
I want in

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
So, whats the latest news on shop access vs. pre-order date? Have we started to make it to 3Q/4Q 2021 pre orders gaining shop access because last I saw I believe we were still in 2Q 2021 orders mostly gainin shop access...

Asking for a friend...

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
So, whats the latest news on shop access vs. pre-order date? Have we started to make it to 3Q/4Q 2021 pre orders gaining shop access because last I saw I believe we were still in 2Q 2021 orders mostly gainin shop access...

Asking for a friend...
While there are tons of other factors, 2ish months prior to expected delivery date seems like a good heuristic. Plenty of outliers in both directions. In Washington, it's looking like many preorder holders with mid 2021 orders have access, but I've seen many 10/21, some 11/21, and one 12/21 preorder between here, reddit, local facebook groups, and rivian stories. Tracking Rivian's methodology might be the death of me.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
While there are tons of other factors, 2ish months prior to expected delivery date seems like a good heuristic. Plenty of outliers in both directions. In Washington, it's looking like many preorder holders with mid 2021 orders have access, but I've seen many with 10/21, some with 11/21, and one with 12/21 preorders between here, reddit, local facebook groups, and rivian stories. Tracking Rivian's methodology might be the death of me.
Lol. Thank you for doing the lord's work.

The death of me was seeing the launch edition launch green with OC interior and not having access to buy it immediately....

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra

Asking for a friend...
Just for reference. I am a 3/21 pre-order without a hint of delivery or shop access. But I live in North Carolina.

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS

Asking for a friend...
I got access last Friday to the shop 12/21 preorder date. I had to ask my guide for access. Selected Rivian Blue/OC 20" wheels. Guide told me its still at the factory ready to ship out 6-8 weeks. I have a feeling the big drop yesterday went to everyone with access since they are all still at the factory getting ready to ship.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I got access last Friday to the shop 12/21 preorder date. I had to ask my guide for access. Selected Rivian Blue/OC 20" wheels. Guide told me its still at the factory ready to ship out 6-8 weeks. I have a feeling the big drop yesterday went to everyone with access since they are all still at the factory getting ready to ship.
Gahhhhh.. Sounds like you won the Rivian lottery. I'm still in line.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

While there are tons of other factors, 2ish months prior to expected delivery date seems like a good heuristic. Plenty of outliers in both directions. In Washington, it's looking like many preorder holders with mid 2021 orders have access, but I've seen many 10/21, some 11/21, and one 12/21 preorder between here, reddit, local facebook groups, and rivian stories. Tracking Rivian's methodology might be the death of me.
the methodology is that there is no methodology

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I see the same amount in the LA R1T Shop as well. Must be the same webpage as San Diego.

This LE Limestone is tempting. It even includes the “must have” spare tire…

3A11B06B-FBAA-4FF6-97EE-2A31906F0BC1.jpeg
Buy for me? Thanks!!

:) That is my exact build (but at a cheaper price since it's a launch edition).
I would sooooooooooooooo buy that right now.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
It was snatched up quick!

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I am 12/21 preorder in Denver and have not even been assigned a guide to ask for access…

dementor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Software Engineer
Grabbed Silver with Black 20s and Forest Edge interior, spare tire, power tonneau. Forest Edge and Black 20’s were not on our config but is close enough so doing the 8 step shuffle!
Ahh I wanted black 20's and ended up with 21" road wheels. Maybe we should swap ;)
Sponsored