Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Nope. Not right now.

I'm holding out for a Launch Green... though probably in vain. So tempting to just grab a different color.
Sponsored

gtlevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Nope. Not right now.

I'm holding out for a Launch Green... though probably in vain. So tempting to just grab a different color.
Current theory is most of these are on the "factory floor" which is why they show up for R1 Store users across the country, and the only way higher demand configurations (E.G. LE, 20 ATs, etc.) are if they are rejected by someone at delivery - in which case it shows only for users for their respective service center.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Out of curiosity, are you seeing any Forest Green/Forest Edge combinations?
Interesting that we have essentially the same configuration, but you got the window before mine even though your reservation is approximately 3 weeks after mine. That's a pretty solid indication of how location impacts delivery timing.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Really flying off the shelves now that the week limit has been lifted… Who knew you shouldn’t make so many yellow taxi trucks?
what is the limit now if not a week?

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Current theory is most of these are on the "factory floor" which is why they show up for R1 Store users across the country, and the only way higher demand configurations (E.G. LE, 20 ATs, etc.) are if they are rejected by someone at delivery - in which case it shows only for users for their respective service center.
Man, if this is true that’s really disappointing for people who have guides but no truck and further supports the theory that Rivian is straight up ignoring those people. I would love to hear what Rivians thought process is on how long a truck sits in the shop before they’re willing to assign it to someone with a guide. I’d also love to know how many hold outs there are with R1 Shop access are waiting for their “perfect“ build. Numbers we’ll never see of course, but I’m curious nonetheless.

Anyone on the east coast with shop access around to share a screenshot? Near NC/VA?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Yeah, it kills me to see my build in the R1 Shop knowing that lots of people in my area, who all ordered months after I did, are getting deliveries already, while I still haven't heard from a guide. Very frustrating.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

what is the limit now if not a week?
People have posted on this forum that guides and CS have completely removed it. I have no direct confirmation, just going off that, so could be wrong 🤷.

eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

Yeah, it kills me to see my build in the R1 Shop knowing that lots of people in my area, who all ordered months after I did, are getting deliveries already, while I still haven't heard from a guide. Very frustrating.
This! Exactly. You're a few months ahead of me and I share the frustration as someone who has observed the same thing. Obviously there are a lot of factors at play that I don't have any insight into, but as we've pointed out so many times, without better guidance from Rivian, this leaves us to speculate which isn't great.

Sponsored

GlennWo

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y; Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
I just got contacted from a Rivian Guide this morning (Yippie). The only bad thing is she was asking if I wanted to lock my configuration on the Max Pack battery which I changed to the Large Pack in my configuration back in March (due to Max Pack delay). So, is the configuration system not updating correctly or was the Rivian guide working off of printed/old information vs the current configuration that should be in the system. I checked my account configuration and it is correct, but this still makes me worry. I'll let you know what I find out. :(

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I just got contacted from a Rivian Guide this morning (Yippie). The only bad thing is she was asking if I wanted to lock my configuration on the Max Pack battery which I changed to the Large Pack in my configuration back in March (due to Max Pack delay). So, is the configuration system not updating correctly or was the Rivian guide working off of printed/old information vs the current configuration that should be in the system. I checked my account configuration and it is correct, but this still makes me worry. I'll let you know what I find out. :(
Would you also ask about the underbody shield? Lots of questions as to whether or not that is delaying delivery.

GlennWo

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y; Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Would you also ask about the underbody shield? Lots of questions as to whether or not that is delaying delivery.
Good point. Will do.

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
Good luck GlenWo! Think I may too be stuck in Max Pack purgatory. Switched to large same night RJ announced Max delay....should have waited for a call to change I guess.

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

I also got a call from a Guide yesterday, wanting to check on my configuration. The stated reason was to be able to update delivery windows. I confirmed my want / need for the max pack. The guide had access to my configuration and we confirmed a couple things. I'm committed to waiting for the max pack based on towing needs and frequent travel to northern Wisconsin (where they haven't really heard of fast charging stations, lol). And I'm genuinely enjoying my I-Pace until the R1T is available.

Later in the day I received an email on the Digital Purchasing Process. I'm guessing it is PR to keep me excited.
"...We’ve been ramping up production at our manufacturing campus in Illinois, and we’re excited that your R1 is almost ready to go.
The next step before delivery is for you to complete the digital purchasing experience. Hosted within your Rivian Account, it includes everything you need to take ownership — from title and registration to financing, insurance, final payment and deciding where and when you’d like your R1 delivered. "
Sponsored