Sponsored

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Would like to add:
  • Having the 360 degree camera stay on when parallel parking / pulling forward.
  • Ability to assign any menu buttons to be permanent buttons (so the camera isn't two clicks in).
  • Adjustable defaut interior light brightness.
  • A permanent button to turn on/off all cabin lights.
  • automatic pre-conditioning by time of day.
  • Ability to disable / hide unused apps like Spotify & Alexa from menus.
  • A screen OFF mode, one for cleaning it or just driving around with it off at night.
  • Ability to unlock all doors after I exit the driverside. It's a pain to unlock backdoors / tailgate / gear tunnel after I get out.
  • GPS, add additional locations on route.
  • Passenger profiles so I can adjust seats when we swap drivers on long road trips.
Sponsored

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could we start some kind of pole / ranking of wishlist? Like what's we want the most vs nice to have?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Would like to add:
  • Ability to unlock all doors after I exit the driverside. It's a pain to unlock backdoors / tailgate / gear tunnel after I get out.
Check the settings for "unlock action on park" or something like that. Default is driver only, but can be set to all doors. Drove me insane for about a week before I found that setting.

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check the settings for "unlock action on park" or something like that. Default is driver only, but can be set to all doors. Drove me insane for about a week before I found that setting.
I guess that would work as a quick fix, but I'm also thinking of the situation where you park in a parking lot and don't want your doors all unlocked unnecessarily. The option to unlock only after driver door unlocks would still be nice.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
So I sent off our list of suggestions to RJ. He actually responded (or is executive assistant). I wasn't expecting that and less than 2 hours after I sent the message.

1649187042783.png
Slightly off topic, but that RJ or his assistant said "if you have time" is one hell of a tell about either him or the culture he is trying to establish with those around him.

Back on topic:
Regurgitating a feature I've suggested previously is enabling sharing locations to the App map from other other services and then saving or pushing that to the truck.

For example: you are using alltrails to find a hike. Hit directions from alltrails, which allows selecting you Nav app of choice. If Rivian shows up as one of those choices then the POI list becomes less critical, and you can do things like... navigate to a location texted to you with roughly three clicks of the phone.

Third part location sharing to the Rivian app to the truck.

Which just created a new idea. Favorite locations accessible in both the app and truck.

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Slightly off topic, but that RJ or his assistant said "if you have time" is one hell of a tell about either him or the culture he is trying to establish with those around him.

Back on topic:
Regurgitating a feature I've suggested previously is enabling sharing locations to the App map from other other services and then saving or pushing that to the truck.

For example: you are using alltrails to find a hike. Hit directions from alltrails, which allows selecting you Nav app of choice. If Rivian shows up as one of those choices then the POI list becomes less critical, and you can do things like... navigate to a location texted to you with roughly three clicks of the phone.

Third part location sharing to the Rivian app to the truck.

Which just created a new idea. Favorite locations accessible in both the app and truck.

I do hope, as someone with a Q4 '22 delivery window, they ramp up development and/or deployment of features this year. With the ex Tesla talent already employed in addition to forums like these where folks are listing out suggestions there's no shortage of ideas. That will be a silver lining as I prep emotionally for a delay into 1H '23.

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
I would love a trip planner from desktop/phone referencing google maps and a way to export it to the truck.

Don't require doors unlocked to open the frunk/tailgate. Just let me keep the key fob in pocket.

Auto open/lock too sensitive.

Fix the app, it's draining my phone's battery pretty bad.
Try setting the app to use location services "Only when Using". This fixed the high battery usage on my iphone. Now the app uses a normal 1-2% battery.

Zig

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Launch Edition (El Cap/Black Mt)
Clubs

Ability to have the truck automatically turn on heated seats and/or steering wheel at 40 degree ambient temperature. I had this feature in my Volvo.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The truck does have a basic version of this. You only get work and home right now, but the framework is there.

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
To current Rivian owners who have the app paired, is there a way to enter a destination on the phone and have the car navigation take on that location?

As a CarPlay user, one of the benefits I enjoy is being able to type in/search for/ select the destination from my phone. Then have that show up on the car screen. It just makes destination selection easier/faster.
Unfortunately this is not possible currently. It's lock + unlock and controlling cabin temp.

Sponsored

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Would like to add:
Wait, what? There is no way to set the vehicle to unlock every door after putting it in park? I thought this was standard on all vehicles? You put the vehicle in park or open driver door and the car unlocks. On every other vehicle you can adjust this park setting to auto unlock every door or just the driver door. I've never not seen this offered. Just like the normal feature of doors auto-locking after hitting 20mph.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wait, what? There is no way to set the vehicle to unlock every door after putting it in park? I thought this was standard on all vehicles? You put the vehicle in park or open driver door and the car unlocks. On every other vehicle you can adjust this park setting to auto unlock every door or just the driver door. I've never not seen this offered. Just like the normal feature of doors auto-locking after hitting 20mph.
There is, but he mentioned this doesn't exactly fit his use case.

CarMAN3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model 3
A few I don't see in your list:
  • Turn Signal sound is not loud enough at certain speeds.
  • Turn Signal sound is not distinguishable (blends in and can be left on by accident).
  • Allow holding of a ride height until you change it (e.g. Hold Low on All Purpose or Hold Lowest on Conserve) as right now, when you start a new drive or mode it resets to auto and the truck is constantly changing height as you slow to a stop light/sign and speed back up again.
  • Allow an option for a Conserve+ or some other mode that allows you to use 2 motors until you go WOT, then allow use of all 4. This is all in software, there is no reason we cannot have full access to all motors and power while in Conserve mode under the right circumstance. If you have to avoid something quickly, there's no time to swap modes first.
  • Option to disable wireless charging pad. Charging pad doesn't charge or sets off NFC payment on some phones.

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
I would like to set up the HVAC temperature as a range of temperature and not as a very precise temperature.

Example: my work garage is colder than outside and the set temperature. The hvac usually go with heat full blast but then, as outside temperature is hotter than the set temperature, it will than switch to climate air which seems to me like a waste of energy. I would like to be able to set it between let say between 64 to 74 which would help especially during shorter trips.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Better inverter that can compete with Ford and Silverado.
better air compressor
Sponsored